Black
    2005 CTS-V

COTM discussion

Voting for yourself's ? Really?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Bamfin06Tbss View Post
    Voting for yourself's ? Really?
    be crazy not too.....I've seen these polls come down to just a vote or two. Wouldn't you hate to lose by one vote and not have voted for yourself??

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    be crazy not too.....I've seen these polls come down to just a vote or two. Wouldn't you hate to lose by one vote and not have voted for yourself??
    My thoughts exactly.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I have probably finished 2nd more times than anyone on here. I have lost by 1 or 2 votes on many occasions. Not one time have I ever voted for myself, nor will I. I would rather win/earn it by all my peers voting it that way, instead of voting for myself, or having wives/girlfriends/family members voting for me. If I can't win it by not voting for myself, there is always another month.

Black
    2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I have probably finished 2nd more times than anyone on here. I have lost by 1 or 2 votes on many occasions. Not one time have I ever voted for myself, nor will I. I would rather win/earn it by all my peers voting it that way, instead of voting for myself, or having wives/girlfriends/family members voting for me. If I can't win it by not voting for myself, there is always another month.
    x2 if you win by the one vote that you put in for yourself you didnt deserve to win imo. But hey everyone is different just shows us a piece of who you are.

2002 Trans Am WS6

COTM discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bamfin06Tbss View Post
    x2 if you win by the one vote that you put in for yourself you didnt deserve to win imo. But hey everyone is different just shows us a piece of who you are.
    If you don't think enough of your own car to vote for it then why should anyone else????
    2002 SUNSET ORANGE METALLIC WS6 #8497
    1996 ARTIC WHITE TRANS AM WS6
    1987 BRIGHT RED FORMULA 350
    1978 Trans Am SE

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 97ramsst View Post
    If you don't think enough of your own car to vote for it then why should anyone else????
    right....if you don't believe your car deserves it then who will? Also, blindly casting a vote for someone else is worse than voting for yourself. Either way, everyone has their own thoughts on it and lets not make this thread about that. You have the right to vote however you choose.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

There is 2 sides to that logic. Justify it however you feel you need to.

2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    There is 2 sides to that logic. Justify it however you feel you need to.
    I can assure you voting for themselves is not the least ethical thing a few of these "winners" have done to win. Wait about a couple days before the end of the poll and see if certain cars don't start getting a huge surge in votes...its not just because regular members here just started voting for them.

I am just saying...watch.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I can assure you voting for themselves is not the least ethical thing a few of these "winners" have done to win. Wait about a couple days before the end of the poll and see if certain cars don't start getting a huge surge in votes...its not just because regular members here just started voting for them.

I know exactly what is done, I have watched it. I also see often where members use their wives screen names on here to also vote for themselves. There is a lot of unethical crap I see that I absolutely do not like. You are not giving me heads up on anything I don't already know about.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

also, there is a minimum post count in order to vote on polls so someone can't just have their buddies sign up to vote.We also check IP address' to verify no one is using a troll account to vote. I believe the contest is as fair and honest as we can make it. At the end of the day we can't watch/catch everyone but I feel we do the job to the best of our abilities with the resources we have.
    Look for 2 rule changes starting next year......eligibility is going to be limited to at least every other year and only one vote per IP will be allowed. That should take care of the wife/gf votes.

Blue
    2002 WS-6

Look for 2 rule changes starting next year......eligibility is going to be limited to at least every other year and only one vote per IP will be allowed. That should take care of the wife/gf votes.
    Hear what your saying.....but what is wrong with the wife vote??? Mine for one has worked her ass off on this car and is as proud if not more proud of what we have done with the car as I am.

We are campaigning this car, that to me means we are trying to put our car out there for the most coverage and show what we have done with the car and try to add to the "F" body community and show on line how and what we did to the car.. I WILL vote for OUR car and MY WIFE will also vote for our car. And I'm sure our friends will also vote, why because they know how much work and time we put into showing our car. I'm not ashame to ask for votes.....we are CAMPAIGNING this car

Done venting Thanks

some very very nice car here

Bill & BRENDA

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I could just see nominees not voting
    Not voting would mean you wouldn't vote for yourself and at the same time not against yourself. Just my .02

98 Formula
    06 duramax

COTM discussion

COTM rules
    probably should start with these first.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

campaigning on the site is against the rules. Only if it gets reported. There are some people that don't want their PM and visitor message boxes spammed. It's fine as long as you're 100% sure they won't report you but if you get reported you get DQ'd.
    As far as the wifes vote issue. You can do it this year all you want but next year there will be only one vote per IP allowed. This is to keep everyone in the contest from suddenly being married and having 9 cousins living with them. I understand that your wife put in time and effort on the car but we have to try and keep this as fair as possible and since I have no idea who's married and who isn't and who has live in gf's and who doesn't the best way to do it is to go by IP votes.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BDowning View Post
    Hear what your saying.....but what is wrong with the wife vote??? Mine for one has worked her ass off on this car and is as proud if not more proud of what we have done with the car as I am.

We are campaigning this car, that to me means we are trying to put our car out there for the most coverage and show what we have done with the car and try to add to the "F" body community and show on line how and what we did to the car.. I WILL vote for OUR car and MY WIFE will also vote for our car. And I'm sure our friends will also vote, why because they know how much work and time we put into showing our car. I'm not ashame to ask for votes.....we are CAMPAIGNING this car

Done venting Thanks

some very very nice car here

Bill & BRENDA
    There is a lot of room to be unethical when more than one vote comes from an IP address. We have no idea what is truthful and who is abusing it, so we are going to make it a level playing field, one vote per IP, period. There are a lot of people that have abused this in the past.

Campaining or cheerleading or whatever you want to call it is against the rules and should not be necessary. Everyone gets one picture up and the car should speak for itself. Nothing else is necessary beyond that.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    I could just see nominees not voting
    Not voting would mean you wouldn't vote for yourself and at the same time not against yourself. Just my .02
    I like this idea.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

woops....forgot to unlock it.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

no votes from that IP?? That's something to think about.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

no votes from that IP?? That's something to think about.
    Definitely

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information