Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

COTM calendar thread...

getting close to calendar time and I wanted to get some input as to what to do this year.
    Last year we had the COTY on the cover and no January COTM because that's the COTY recognition month. Last year there was a poll and people voted for a mod car to go in the Jan. spot. I liked that but if someone has different/better ideas I'd like to hear them.

On a side note. No vette's and no GTO's represented so far this year for COTM's. That was one thing about last years calendar I thought was great. Vettes, GTO's, birds, and camaro's were all represented.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Awesome....

A calendar is still planned. I was afraid it wouldn't come about.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Someone floated the thought about a group shot a few months ago. I still think it would be cool to have a couple of cars in the same pic. There have to be pictures out there somewhere from the different gatherings that have occurred.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    getting close to calendar time and I wanted to get some input as to what to do this year.
    Last year we had the COTY on the cover and no January COTM because that's the COTY recognition month. Last year there was a poll and people voted for a mod car to go in the Jan. spot. I liked that but if someone has different/better ideas I'd like to hear them.

On a side note. No vette's and no GTO's represented so far this year for COTM's. That was one thing about last years calendar I thought was great. Vettes, GTO's, birds, and camaro's were all represented.
    I still think the original way is the most PC.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Umm mine's a vette?

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

I sent you an email with some higher res pics. Let me know if you get them.

Also I think maybe a separate "best group shot" poll would be nice for the cover or maybe have another poll out of all the COTM winners to have an additional photo of their car for the cover. Just my .02

98 Formula
    06 duramax

got the pics........who has group shot pictures? Post them up if you have them and they have to be a picture you personally took....can't be one you found on the web or anything like that.

2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticZ06 View Post
    Also I think maybe a separate "best group shot" poll would be nice for the cover or maybe have another poll out of all the COTM winners to have an additional photo of their car for the cover. Just my .02
    They do that now...its called the Car Of The Year. I think thats the best and fairest way to choose the cover car.

As for an idea for the "odd" month....what about getting a bunch of pics from members of their cars and doing them as a page of thumb nails? That would get more members in the caledar and cause a lot more intrest in it (ie....SALES!) Just a thought.
    Last edited by 97ramsst; 10-23-2009 at 04:32 AM.
    2002 SUNSET ORANGE METALLIC WS6 #8497
    1996 ARTIC WHITE TRANS AM WS6
    1987 BRIGHT RED FORMULA 350
    1978 Trans Am SE

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticZ06 View Post
    Umm mine's a vette?
    yeah....sorry. I caught that last night when I was looking over your pictures. Ok, 1 vette. Still no GTO's.

Quote Originally Posted by 97ramsst View Post
    They do that now...its called the Car Of The Year. I think thats the best and fairest way to choose the cover car.

As for an idea for the "odd" month....what about getting a bunch of pics from members of their cars and doing them as a page of thumb nails? That would get more members in the caledar and cause a lot more intrest in it (ie....SALES!) Just a thought.
    how do we pick what cars go on there? The other problem is the limited space available for the picture. I think the collage would make the cars so small that they wouldn't have much definition to them. Know what I mean? It'd kinda suck to have your car in a calendar and it be a 2"x2" picture. Now it might work if you only did 2 cars but that would only help 2 other people get in and then we'd have to figure out how to pick those 2.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I still think the original way is the most PC.
    I'm not against doing it the same as last year but it'd be kinda nice to mix it up a little if someone comes up with a really good idea. It'd be kinda neat to have something truly unique. I'm not even limiting it to cars....if someone comes up with a truly unique idea that would work well I'd consider that too. The default I think is voting on the mod car and having it like last year unless there's a no fail idea.

2002 Trans Am WS6

yeah....sorry. I caught that last night when I was looking over your pictures. Ok, 1 vette. Still no GTO's.

how do we pick what cars go on there? The other problem is the limited space available for the picture. I think the collage would make the cars so small that they wouldn't have much definition to them. Know what I mean? It'd kinda suck to have your car in a calendar and it be a 2"x2" picture. Now it might work if you only did 2 cars but that would only help 2 other people get in and then we'd have to figure out how to pick those 2.
    Picking the cars would be the issue...maybe another poll...top 50 or whatever number? Maybe take submissions for a couple weeks and draw them at random??? I was actually thinking maybe a thumb nail pic the size of your avatar. It would be tiny BUT still give bragging rights to people that have never had their car featured anywhere. Think of it this way, MOST people on here have no vested intrest in the calendar...if they had a pic (even tiny) in it then they would and would probably buy one. Plus it would kind of honor the people that might not have a COTM caliber car but do enjoy this site. Again...just a thought.

I do hope you leave the cover for the COTY winner again though...thats a fitting honor for being chosen as such.

And I am sure Mr Louis is looking forward to it again!
    Last edited by 97ramsst; 10-23-2009 at 05:03 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Picking the cars would be the issue...maybe another poll...top 50 or whatever number? Maybe take submissions for a couple weeks and draw them at random??? I was actually thinking maybe a thumb nail pic the size of your avatar. It would be tiny BUT still give bragging rights to people that have never had their car featured anywhere. Think of it this way, MOST people on here have no vested intrest in the calendar...if they had a pic (even tiny) in it then they would and would probably buy one. Plus it would kind of honor the people that might not have a COTM caliber car but do enjoy this site. Again...just a thought.

I do hope you leave the cover for the COTY winner again though...thats a fitting honor for being chosen as such.

And I am sure Mr Louis is looking forward to it again!
    yeah, the cover won't change. At this point I'm just looking for something for January which is the open month. Like I say, the default is the way we did last year unless some other option works out.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I have group shots....
    But many of the car owners aren't members here, so not sure how that would work. I can post them up though if that may be an option.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I have group shots....
    But many of the car owners aren't members here, so not sure how that would work. I can post them up though if that may be an option.
    Do iT!!!!

I have some from our fbody cruise aswell

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    Do iT!!!!
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I like this idea -- pick out photos from the albums or avatars and make some sort of collage. Gives non-COTM members an opportunity to be in the calendar and keeps it interesting.

Black
    2002 C5 Corvette

The bad thing about the cover on a calendar is the only time you look at it is when you get it. Then it's hanging against the wall all year.

You could put a collage of different pics around each month.
    Last edited by Printmanjackson; 10-26-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Bump, you will have my pics this week Orion.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Bump, you will have my pics this week Orion.
    what's your name again????

on the thread topic......I'm not a fan of using non-members or people that don't participate in the COTM. This is your guys contest and the calendar was born of that. Wouldn't seem right to use people that aren't active with the contest or site. That's my opinion on it. The problem with a group shot is the above mentioned....no high resolution shots of members and COTM participants. I would be open to a collage of members that entered but didn't win. I'd have to talk to TSS though and see how that would work as far as from a layout perspective. I wouldn't want 10 cars you can barely see but if we could get 3 or 4 "honorable mentions" that looked good it might work. I would also want it to be people that are interested in having their car in a calendar. I wouldn't give a spot to someone that isn't going to buy the calendar if there's someone else that'd like to see their car in a calendar and would buy one. Know what I'm saying?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

what's your name again????

on the thread topic......I'm not a fan of using non-members or people that don't participate in the COTM. This is your guys contest and the calendar was born of that. Wouldn't seem right to use people that aren't active with the contest or site. That's my opinion on it. The problem with a group shot is the above mentioned....no high resolution shots of members and COTM participants. I would be open to a collage of members that entered but didn't win. I'd have to talk to TSS though and see how that would work as far as from a layout perspective. I wouldn't want 10 cars you can barely see but if we could get 3 or 4 "honorable mentions" that looked good it might work. I would also want it to be people that are interested in having their car in a calendar. I wouldn't give a spot to someone that isn't going to buy the calendar if there's someone else that'd like to see their car in a calendar and would buy one. Know what I'm saying?

Sounds good to me. Out of curiosity, as I don't read the other regional threads, how many annual LS1 gatherings are there other than Spazapalooza that could possibly submit group shots next year?

Thread Information