• November

10 9.26%
  • December

8 7.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

**LS1.com COTY 2009 poll**

Congrats to all the winners this year. Another year of great looking cars. Thanks to all those that voted. You guys always seem to pick the most deserving car for that month.

we're going to vote through December 15th
    Last edited by 0rion; 12-13-2009 at 05:24 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

****Feb. COTM.....doberman 152****

Thanks to everybody who made this possible for me it's truly an honor.
    I bought the car 3 years ago and i'm the second owner, it was garage kept and well taken care of. It was completely stock so i did'nt know were to begin modding her, i figured why not join a LS1 forum and indulge in there experiance.So my list of mods began to grow as the money was tight.
    My mods were;
    LS6 intake
    slp air lid
    smooth bellow
    k&n air filter
    American Racing 17 x 9 Aluminum Painted Anthracite Torq-Thrust M's with machined lip
    kumho Ecsta MX 275/40zr/17
    8-inch Fixed Black Antenna from afterthoughts
    lots of Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer
    coming this month pacesetter 1 7/8 Longtubes,ORY & magnaflow exhaust
    Once again thanks to all who voted for me there was a ton of well deserving cars that i went up against, sorry i have no burn out pictures J/K

98 Formula
    06 duramax

***March COTM....ArcticZ06***

Thanks to everyone who voted for my car this month and the previous Car of the month polls. I can't wait to get the calendar at the end of the year!

I purchased the car last August and traded in my 2000 WS6. So far the car is completely stock except for the Cray Scorpion wheels. Hopefully I'll have a set of long tubes installed by this summer.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

***April COTM.....Mr. Luos***

Thank you to everyone that voted for my car this month. Quite the honor once again!!
    To win up against some great looking cars (and Preston's) is always a good feeling.

As for the mod list on the car, nothing has changed.
    Looking to add a few things this summer, not major though.
    1. Electric cutouts (DHM)
    2. Speakers (because the Monsoon stuff is crap)
    3. 4.30's or probably 4.56's.
    4. One hell of a detail.

Look for Slowass to possibly be in GM High-Tech Performance soon as well under Reader's Rides.

Couple of my favorite pictures, some may have been posted before.

~Curtis
    Last edited by 0rion; 12-06-2009 at 10:17 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

***May COTM.....Y2KPewterSS***

Uglyass!

I would like to start off by saying thanks to all that voted for me this month.

I acquired this Camaro back in September 2005 after wrecking my SS vert earlier in the year. I almost bought a '02 SOM SS before buying this but the guy ended up backing out at the last minute and I was back to square one. About 2 weeks later, I found this Camaro at a local dealership, all the options were identical to my vert, except it was a T-top and the mileage was very close to what my vert had. The price was good on it, so I snagged it up.

When I purchased it, it was bone stock. That only lasted 2 days though I bought my vert back from insurance and had been stock piling parts in the mean time while I didn't have any car payments. Its performance, handling and appearance all changed drastically before I made the first payment. In the 4 years I have owned it, there really isn't one area of the car I haven't taken apart and cleaned. I wished I had more time to enter it in car shows but work prevents me from that unfortunately. It only gets driven on nice weather days as evidenced by the 9000 miles I have put on it in 4 years

Below is a list of the money I have flushed down the toilet on Uglyass and some more pics. It is getting some motor upgrades later this year, maybe a cam, maybe even a new motor, still weighing options.

Thanks again everyone!

Exterior Modifications:

CCW SP 500s 18x10 & 18x11 with BFG KDW NT 275/35/18 & 295/35/18
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Berger panel with stainless steel fill-ins
    Chrome Camaro SS tag frame
    Painted manta stripe
    SLP SS grille
    Clear turnsignals and clear sidemarkers
    Smoked turnsignals and sidemarkers for changing things up
    Silverstar head lamps
    Side moldings removed
    Cross-drilled & slotted rotors
    Calipers painted gloss black
    Dropped with BMR springs
    5% tint
    Shorty antenna
    Cared for with Zaino products

Engine Bay Dress:

Color matched Fuel Rail Covers
    Color matched PCM cover
    MBA head plate
    Custom painted intake
    Head lights painted
    Mirrored battery cover
    Mirrored fuse relay covers
    Valve covers powdercoated candy apple red
    MAF ends powdercoated candy apple red
    Tensioner powdercoated candy apple red
    All brackets and hood latches powdercoated gloss black
    Billet fluid caps
    Chromed dipstick
    All chrome bolts & billet bolt caps

Interior Modifications:

Lloyd custom floor mats
    Camaro SS dash plaque
    Camaro SS deck mat
    MBA shift knob
    Brent Franker SS seat vinyls
    Color matched dash bezels

Performance:

Jet hot long tubes
    TSP Off-road y-pipe
    GMMG style catback
    TSP lid
    LS6 intake
    ASP underdrive pulley
    MSD plug wires
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Smooth bellows
    160 thermostat
    Stage 2 4l60E
    3800 TCI
    Transgo shiftkit
    Tranny cooler
    Poly tranny mount
    TA girdle for the 10 bolt

Suspension/Chassis:

BMR boxed sub-frame connectors
    BMR strut tower brace
    BMR boxed lower control arms
    BMR relocation brackets
    BMR chromoly adjustable panhard
    BMR upper panhard
    BMR driveshaft safety loop
    BMR 1" lowering springs
    BMR adjustable torque arm
    KYB AGXs for the front and Koni SA for the rear.

Misc.
    SLP car cover
    Birth certificate
    SS key fobs

98 Formula
    06 duramax

***June COTM.....SteelCityTA***

First and foremost, I would can't say thank you enough to all the members for voting. Its great when you get feedback like this from people, but from your own peers is even better.

To give you some history on the car...I aquired her back on February 7, 2003, 6 days after my 19th birthday. It was a bone stock 1995 Red T/A, major selling point at the time was that it was a 6-speed. Through the last 6 years I have had some things done...I painted it black with the 93-97 WS6 hood addition for a year or so and that did not last long, as I then went with a complete LS1 front end swap a year ago...Dont let the pics foo you, she has a lot a miles on her 130K but all the issues have been taken care of (opti & waterpump) LOL. She still runs like a champ.

Exterior Mods:

LS1 Front end Conversion
    Custom Blue Pearlcoat w/ Pearl White paint job
    WS9 Hood
    Moldings and emblems removed
    Front Bumper Clear Corners
    18x9 HP Evo's
    Rear Bumper enlay
    Bird plate overlay
    TSS Custom emblems on the way!!!
    20% Tint
    Drilled and Slotted Rotors on the kitchen table
    Powder Coated Rotors (picking up today)
    Eibach Pro-Kit

Interior Mods

Nothing I would say worth mentioning...

Two Stealth Boxes (Driver and Passenger)
    2 10" Polk Audio Subs
    600W MOMO Amp
    Alpine Componenets
    New Sony headunit
    The car oringinally did not have leather...So I upgraded too leather on all seats and door panels.
    recently replaced the headliner and sun visors too.

Performance & Handling Mods

SLP LS1 FlowPac CAI
    Edelbrock 52MM Throttlebody(bypassed)
    MSD Wires w/NGK Plugs
    PaceSetter Coated LT's w ORY
    SLP Loudmouth
    4.10 Gears
    Hypertech Programmer
    Hypertech 160 Thermo
    B&M Ripper Shifter
    Eibach Pro-Kit
    Bilstiens
    Spohn Adj. PanHard
    3pt. Strut Tower Brace
    This list is weak I know...it will get better...someday...

Dinner Time!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

***July COTM....That Guy 2-1 ***

First, I'd like to thank everyone who voted my'98 T/A for COTM July. I was against some very tough competition and any one of them could have come on top. Every one of them deserves it.

All work on this car is/was done by myself (with some help sometimes; thanks Jon, Brett, Keith and the guys at FBC) and it was the first time that I entered it into any sort of competition since the build has taken so long to get to this point (started Oct '08) ... so I guess you can see why this is such a big deal to me ... lol

--About the car--

I still don't have a proper name for her but it has got the moniker "Majunier" (try pronouncing that with a French accent ... lol) by a couple of us due to the fact that my previous car ('94 Z28 with LS1 swap) was called "Mutt", and "Mutt Jr." didn't quite fit this one. My goal is to keep it looking like it should have rolled out the factory looking like this. So any visual/performance mod. cannot be done at the the sacrifice of comfort, daily driver capability and the end result be a somewhat polished and complete look without going overboard.

I purchased the white '98 TransAm in terrible shape last year. The stock engine had a hole in its side due to a rod letting go, the A/T had only 1st and 2nd gears, the exhaust/shorty headers were all welded up using crimp bent tubing into one 15 foot long mutant, and over a years worth of tree sap and dirt and dust was covering it and moss growing underneath it since it had been sitting in someone's yard. Luckily the body was somewhat intact and came out looking pretty good after a good scrub down and polishing. There's more to go to get her looking her best but that may have to involve some professional work I believe...

The built engine/transmission was pulled out of my LS1 swapped '94 Z28 (which it had been in maybe a year and had less than 2K miles on the setup) along with the suspension and misc. other upgraded components, and swapped into this body. What I ended up with is pretty damn close to my dream F-Body ... minus a custom turbo kit, but we'll work on getting to that point in the future...

--Performance--

- 6.0ltr LQ9 block with forged internals
    - Hoops Ported/polished heads with larger valves
    - PRC Gold Dual valve springs
    - Hardened pushrods
    - MS3 cam on 113
    - ARP head bolts
    - FAST LSX 90mm Intake
    - 90mm throttle body
    - 42lb/hr injectors
    - Racetronics Fuel pump and hotwire kit
    - Lid and K&N filter
    - Jethot long tube headers
    - Mufflex 4" Y-pipe
    - 4" Mufflex Catback with Spintech Muffler

This setup on my Z28 with a TH350/3500 stall, a crappy cam and a LS2 intake put down 403rwhp and ran a E/T of 11.26@120 while taking it easy to not break the glass 10-bolt (we never had the chance to fully dial it in 'cos I ripped it all out and swapped it in here with a T56. We have yet to dyno the car with the new MS3 cam, 90mm LSX intake and T56 setup.

--Drivetrain--

- T-56 manual transmission swap
    - McLeod clutch and adjustable master master cylinder
    - Pro5.0 shifter

--Suspension/Chassis--

- Koni Yellow SA Shocks
    - Ground Control Coil overs (550lb/in front, 175lb/in rear rates)
    - Strano Perf. front and rear sway bars
    - Adjustable Panhard Rod
    - LG Motorsports Torque Arm
    - 18"x9.5" front and 18"x 10.5" rear chrome Z06 replica wheels with Toyo ProxesTR1's

--Exterior Modifications--

- Removed side moldings
    - Wire/hood release cable mod

--Interior Modifications--

- Twin Gauge pillar pod (Fuel pressure and Wide band AFR)
    - Shifter decal by TSS

--Electronics--

- All stock for now

--To-Do List (in the near future)--

- CTS-V/ZR-1 hybrid front brake upgrade
    - Finish installing sub/amp system
    - WS6 hood

My plans don't include much drag racing like I did with my other car, but I hope to hit a road race or auto-x track when my finances/time permits.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

***August COTM winner....goldZ28***

First I would just like to thank everyone that voted for me. There are a lot of nice cars to pick from.

I first got the car in 2004 with 86k miles on her. I wanted to drive it so bad I took it for a drive up to Washington just for the hell of it.

It was not long after I purchased the car that the mod bug got me. First order of business was to get rid of that stock exhaust and put a flowmaster on. Within a month of the flowmaster I ordered up some Pacesetter headers and an ORY.

A friend of mine talked me into going to the strip so I went for the first time. I must say it was a huge rush but with that stock tired susp she had wheel hop and spin like crazy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhD9sroJDYg[/ame]

This is actually my second and last run I have ever done. This was roughly three years 4 years ago. I was so disappointed in the traction that I ordered hotchkis springs, stb, sfc, lca’s, sway bars, springs, and pan hard bar along with bilsteine shocks. That was the best mod I could have ever done was all the susp stuff.

This year I bit the bullet and did a H/C/I swap. That was FUN…

Not me…lol

Car as she sat stock

Some more recent pics

Cam idle

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNQGl80pFrs[/ame]

Dyno tune

Current mods cam specs are in video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYkaA_mjuK4[/ame]

98 Formula
    06 duramax

***Sept. COTM.....Wyoming T/A***

I would like to thank everyone who voted for my car and I would like to congratulate all of this months contestants, it was a GREEEEAAT field of cars. My car is completely original and had only 19000 miles when I purchased it in January of 2006. I had to make 2 trips to Chicago before I brought it home so after 4900 miles of driving I finally had my car. I used to dream of owning a 25th anniversary T/A every time I watched a NASCAR race but never got the chance when I would be buying cars. I also have owned a 95 T/A, 97 WS6 T/A, and a 98 WS6 T/A but this is my favorite and with only 29000 miles should be around for many many years. My plan is to hand it down to my son and then to his son someday. Here are some pictures of the car when we went to Tombstone, AZ . Monument Valley,Utah and Arches National Park in Utah. Beautiful country for sure. Thanks again.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

***October COTM.....97ramsst***

"Thanks to everyone that voted for us.....again!"

LS1.COM Car Of The Month October 2008 and 2009!!!

I won't bore you with the whole story of the car again...you can read it here:
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98274

This has been a very busy year for us...we have been to shows from Tampa, FL to Dayton, OH. The car has received 14 "Best Of Show"s this year and numerous other awards including "Best Future Classic" at the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona last November.

In February my wife (future wife at the time...it has been a great year!) and I and carried the car to Orlando for the Wide Track Warriors Show as well as a photoshoot for High Performance Pontiac (more on that later!) The Wide Track Warriors Show is the largest ALL PONTIAC show in FL. It had examples of some of the nicest Pontiacs in the South East (if not the whole country there) including rotisserie restored Judges and vintage Pontiacs. Out of all those our car received "Best of Show"...we were very honored. This was the 17th year for the show and the first time a modified late model car had gotten that award!

HPP Blog About It:
    http://blogs.highperformancepontiac....009/index.html

In April we were asked to display the car for the month of May at Summit Racing in Atlanta. Another HUGE honor to say the least.

In June we carried the car to Pigeon Forge, TN for the Pontiacs In Pigeon Forge show. It was an incredible show in an equally impressive venue (I highly recommend any Pontiac fan try to attend this show!) We received the award for Best Modified Trans Am, but much more important the Participant's Pick award. Which means that our car was recognized and picked by our fellow enthusiast...most of which owned classic Pontiacs. For them to recognize the work thats went in to enough to vote for a late modle car is very flattering.

While on the way to Pigeon Forge (literally in the truck on the way up) Christopher Phillip called and said my article was ready...and he had a surprise for us, as a early wedding gift he made sure both of our cars where in the same issue! He overnighted some copies too us and they were waiting for us at the hotel when we arrived...we were happy with both articles and very appreciative of the graciousness of the entire staff at HPP!

You can read the article online here:
    http://www.highperformancepontiac.co..._am/index.html

In late July we carried the car to the POCI/GTOAA Co-vention in Dayton, OH. What an incredible show to say the least. Over 1200 Pontiacs from all over the world was there! And out of tons of other stunning vehicles my car received the award for "Best 64-08 Modified Pontiac"! But even better than that while there we got the chance to meet Pontiac legend Jim Wangers and have him autograph our car:

A few pics of the car:

Sound Clip: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmmNxrlLQRA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmmNxrlLQRA[/ame]

General Info:
    2002 Trans Am WS6 #8497
    Sunset Orange Metallic
    Tires and Wheels: CCW 505As and BFG KDWs
    (19x10s & 275/30/19s - front)
    (19x11s & 295/35/19s - rear)
    Suspension: Strano Springs, KYB AGX Shocks, BMR LCAs (chrome), BMR LCA Relocation Brackets (Chrome), BMR Upper and Lower PRB (Chrome), Hotchkiss STB (chrome), Custom Chromed Billet Bump Stops, White Powder Coated Sway Bars, Red Energy Suspension Bushings and a TA Performance Cover
    Engine Mods: Nitrous Outlet 150-shot, Weiand Intake (Chromed), Polished LPP headers with polished off road pipe, Corsa Cat-Back, All Chrome and Polished Covers and Caps Possible, Custom SOM FRCs, Turn One PS Pump and Pulley, FAST TB, MTI Clear Lid, MSD Wires, 98 Water Pump (removable pulley), & Chromed items include pulleys, VCs, PS pump and alternator brackets, throttle cable bracket, tensioner, AC and ABS brackets and I am sure some more stuff I am forgetting
    Interior Mods: Custom Mounted Polished Nitrous Bottle and Bracket, Triple Gauge Pod, Redline Goods Shifter Boot, E-Brake Boot, and Console Cover, Embroidered Headrests, Embroidered Mats, Chrome Vent Rings, Gauge Overlays, Chrome Shifter, Chrome Door Strikers, 2 Kicker CVR 10s in custom stealth boxes
    Appearance Mods: FULL HID Conversion, !Moldings, !Wires, !Hood Latch Cable, !Air, Stainless "Trans AM", Front Bird, and Pontiac overlays, SOM Calipers with Black Powder Coated D&S Rotors, 20% Tint/35% Windshield, Underhood mirrors, Mirrored Stainless Air Dam, SOM Bumper Support, Chrome Hood Latch, hood latch bracket, safety catch, latch, latch support, bumper support brace, headlight brackets, hood hinges, door strikers and pins, rear hatch latch and I am sure a lot of other stuff I am forgetting....

We look forward to a great rest of this year and having even more fun with the car next year! Again, thanks very much to those of you that voted for our car and for reading this post!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

***November COTM....chadnol10***

This made my day!!! Thanks for all the votes I appreciate it especially after all the work I put into this car.

This project took me all of last winter to complete, but I feel it was worth it. I bought this car 3 years ago as a stock Trans Am with 45k miles and a the stock Hurst 6 speed from there I took over. It now has 410 HP and ran a 12.8, but that was on my 10 bolt so I didn't try to hook with it at all. The car is a blast to drive and I get so many stares, plus raising hell on the weekends has never been so much fun. It is really nice knowing you did all the work and getting to enjoy it especially since I don't plan on ever selling it. Check out the pics below the last pic is what it looked like when I got it. Here are the mods I did:

Cam 234/236 112 LSA custom grind
    4.10's
    243 heads which are getting ported this winter
    Dual valve springs, seals and retainers
    WS6 hood
    Konis & Strano springs
    TTII's & Blackbird stripe
    Strano front & rear sway bar
    PaceSetter Headers
    LS6 intake & valley cover
    LS2 timing chain
    Melling high flow oil pump
    LS7 lifters & chromoly pushrods
    Poly motor mounts
    Hawk pads and rotors]
    PHB, LCAs, subframes and STB
    removed EGR, AIR and A/C

This winter:
    Fast 90/90
    Moser 9"
    Grant steering wheel & Corbeau seats
    Supercharger?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

***December COTM.....SLP02SS***

Thank you to all who voted for me, there were some badass cars running against me, I know that I had a hard time choosing...

I kinda have a thing for camaros and if you ask me if I had all the money in the world what kind of car I'd have.......it would be a camaro! I had a 91 before this one and I couldn't be happier this is the car I've always wanted. I have been through a lot the past few years and almost had to give it up twice. As long as it's up to me I will have this car till the end.

Well on to the good stuff. I bought the car back in 04 with 16,000 miles, the previous owner had taken really good care of it and kept all the documentation, also had the headers installed by stainless works in 02, my car was the pattern car for their headers, so they were free to him, other than that it was the only mod done when i bought it.

As of last week when I put it up for winter it has 30,600 miles on it

2002 SS with the factory SLP 345hp with center mount exhaust option

Performance mods
    one of the 70 or so % to have the ls6 block
    Stock heads and cam for now
    Stainless works long tube headers
    Stainless works y pipe, no cats
    SLP stock option cat back with cme
    DMH electric cutout
    Taylor 10mm pro wires
    NGK plugs
    ported m.a.f.
    ported and polished TB
    TB collant bypass
    free air mod
    k&n filter
    SLP factory blackwing lid
    SLP stainless steel cold air induction
    Prothane motor and tranny mounts
    Pro 5.0 shifter cut 1 inch
    Factory ordered without traction controll
    skip shift eliminator
    SLP 4:10 gears

Big shot dyno Hudson Oh
    4th gear 365hp 378ftlbs @ 5,510rpm air/fuel 12.4

Suspension
    QA1 12 way adjustable coilovers and shocks
    Hotchkis lowering springs
    Hotchkis strut tower brace
    Hotchkis lower boxed trailing arms
    Hotchkis weld in subframe connectors

Exterior
    Wings west front grill
    clear parking lights
    halo headlights
    chrome stainless steel emblems
    chrome "camaro" insert
    black hood insert
    18x9.5 zo6 wheels
    Kumo ecsta supra tires 275/35/18 all 4

Inside
    Nr white face gauges
    Autometer triple guage pod with phantom gauges
    Factory SS floor mats and deck mat
    custom switch pannel in ash tray
    second foglight switch for halos
    Pioneer Deh-P7600mp h/u
    JL audio highs
    JL audio 10" w3 stealth box
    Crossfire 402 400w amp in spare tire well

thats it for now, its been paid off now for almost a year so the modding begins slowly, wheels, interior and motor work, stay tuned....

mostly stock just exhaust, grill and wheels looking like a 4x4 befored slammed

before

now

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

Every single car in the line up should win, i have no idea how others and myself will choose! Good luck to everyone!
    2002 Camaro SS A4 - SLP# 2951 l MS4 l LT's w/ORY l F.A.S.T 78 & TB l Borla l Cutout l CME l TCI 3500 l 3.23's l !emissions l !sway

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge91 View Post
    Every single car in the line up should win, i have no idea how others and myself will choose! Good luck to everyone!
    Almost didnt want to vote for that reason

red
    2004 Avalanche

sure are some beautiful car here

98 Formula
    06 duramax

definitely a tough decision. Every car up there is worthy IMO. I want to read all the stories again and that'll probably be my deciding factor. Whoever has the most interesting story is who I'll vote for.

Pewter
    99 Z/28

What happened to January?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 28Marcos View Post
    What happened to January?
    January is reserved for the mods. Since we use december to decide coty and put the calendar together that leaves a month open. We do a mod month as a thank you for the work they do on the site.

Pewter
    99 Z/28

ahh i see, thank you mods!

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I'll straight up say that I voted for May's, because of the under-carriage being so clean and I'm partial to pewter to begin with. I LOVE the wheels, and how clean the body lines look with the wheels and the way the paint is on the hood scoop. I LOVE THAT CAR!!!

Thread Information