Congratulations to 2001SSCamaro#2516 for winning the June COTM spot

Thanks for voting for my car for the car of the month calendar.

I never ordered a car before, and I finally had the ability financially to do it so I picked my favorite car, the Camaro.

There was rumor at the time that 2001 would be the last year they would make before discontinuing it or making it a front wheel drive car. So I went online, selected all the options available that I wanted, then got an online quote.

I then took the quote to all the dealers near me to see who would give me the best price. Once that was settled I ordered it.
It was fun tracking its progress from Canada, to SLP (to turn it into an SS) and on train to the dealer. I actually called him to let him know my car would be delivered the day that it was.

Unfortunately I was out of town on vacation and had to wait 5 days to go get it. I had already ordered necessities for it ahead of time, like the skip shift eliminator, K&N air filter, and custom SLP deck mat for the back.

Finally picked it up in October 2000, installed the goodies, purchased more goodies (billet grill, lou's short shifter, SLP air cleaner cover, and Hotchkis strut tower bracket). And did the cold air intake mod. That is how she sits now with 21,000 miles on it and driven every Saturday with an occasional out of town trip here and there.

This is what it looked like when I first got it.