1 1.02%
  • November.....cam02ss

4 4.08%
  • December.....BLK2KSS

7 7.14%

98 Formula
    06 duramax

*** 2010 COTY Poll***

Ok guys.....here's your COTY entrants. Vote on the car and story you think should represent the site as the best of the year. Thanks to all those that entered and voted this year.

Voting through December 19th
    Last edited by 0rion; 12-09-2010 at 06:28 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

issues:
    Another victory!!! Thank you ls1.com and thanks to everyone who voted for me but I really thought you guys would be getting sick of my car by now.

The car is still mostly stock with just the Halltech intake on it and I did end up raising the car because it was lowered too much. The scraping on my drive way was getting to me.

Like everyone else I still have plans for the car but other things are more important right now. I really hope to have a zr1 in 2 years and then we can see some voting for the murdered out zr1.

Thanks again to everyone on the site.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Kingc8r

Before picture...

First off, I would like to thank everyone that voted for me. I am very humbled by this. I'm very happy what I have been able to do to this car in 2 two years. I started with a 4x4 plain Jane Z/28 as you can see in the before picture. It makes me feel good knowing other people like what I have done with my car...

I bought my Z/28 with the intentions of making it as fast as possible in straight line performance but I also wanted to make sure I kept this car street friendly.

I jumped right into mods adding full exhaust and the basic bolt ons. Shortly after this I was laid off from my job and have been out of work ever since....I have slowly added appearance mods since they were cheap things I could add.

I'm currently saving for a built trans, stall and spray. Hopefully I'll have the first two by summer time while also buying a commuter car so I can retire my baby to Weekend Warrior status....

Until then I'll keep my Clean DD title lol

Thanks again!

Performance Mods:

Hooker 1 3/4 Ceramic Coated LTs
    Hooker O/R Y-Pipe
    Hooker Aerochamber CB
    QTP Electric Cutout
    SLP Lid
    FTRA
    LS6 Intake
    Ported TB

Weight Reduction:

! Spare Tire & Jack
    ! Air/ Egr
    ! Window Washer Reservoir
    ! Back seats

Suspension:

Strano Springs with rear hose mod
    UMI Adj. LCAs
    UMI Relocation Brackets
    UMI Adj. PHB

Exterior Mods:

TS|S Custom C6Z06 Style Z/28 Emblems
    Gloss Black Berger Panel with Inserts
    Black 17x9.5/11 ZR1s
    SLP Bowtie Grille
    Black Corner & Side Markers

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Mr Luos

Thanks again to all of those that voted for my Trans Am this month. Had some great competition this time around (and a little luck).

As many of you know, I have nicknamed the car "Slowass." I get asked a lot why I would name it that, seeing as how it has dyno'd 531RWHP all motor. It comes from the amount of times I have had to answer the ET vs. Dyno numbers question. They simply don't match up. Dyno corrects, track doesn't. Car get raced at 5800 feet above sea level, so it is much 'slower' than it should be. Therefore...Slowass.

Short rundown of the mods....
    TSP 402 (eagle crank, lunati rods, mahle pistons)
    TSP "Giant" cam (248/254 629/622 113)
    Patriot Stage III heads (milled .020")
    Mamo ported FAST90
    Stock T56
    TTII's (street)
    ProStars (track)
    Strano springs with Koni shocks
    UMI LCA's, panhard, and adj. torque arm
    SFC's

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Ramair1

Thank you all very much for all you’re support in the COTM voting, there are so many gorgeous cars just as deserving so I truly appreciate it!!! To those that are not a flame kinda guy, I can understand where you’re coming from, for those people there is Ramair2 that my better half drives.
    I took delivery of Ramair1 May 3rd 1999 in Purcell, OK at Sparlin Pontiac the very moment and time the Killer F5 Tornado was on the ground just 19 miles to the north in Moore OK. I could see the exploding transformers in the darkened skies as I was making my way away from all the devastating carnage. Ramair1’s lungs were filled with life and flew to safety without incident.
    Ramair1 is no stranger to the viewer or media as it has been seen literally world wide. Its graced the front cover of HPP Dec 03 (Lone Star Shootout), GMHTP Nov 07 (Year One Experience coverage of The Bandit Run), Muscle Car Review Dec 07 (TA Nats Coverage), GMHTP Feb 09 (Street Heat), Pontiac Enthusiast Jan/Feb 09 (GR8 PL8), Auto Tuning Mag of Poland Mar 09 (Feature), Fastest Street Car Feb 2010 also Proform Products Advertisement (same issue) in coverage of 3rd annual LSX shootout. It has been selected in SLP Calendar Apr 04, and LS1.com “The Girls of LS1.com” Oct 09.
    Not only does Ramair1 show at National events (TA Nats 07 “Best in Class”), LSX Shootout Oct 08 (Best LS Powered Paint/Best LS Powered Late Model Firebird), LSX Shootout Oct 09 (Best of Show/Best Interior) May I mention that these were won AFTER running in the Fastest Street Car Class at LSX Shootout the DAY BEFORE the Car Show , Ramair1 has showed at ISCA sanctioned events Dallas Feb 09, Houston Nov 09, Dallas Feb 10 winning best in class at each of these shows. Attended 4 of the past 5 PSN events winning its respective classes as well as other local shows (Choctaw Points Series Apr 10), Showing is just part of the equation but also Ramair1 can run at the track or down the road, participating in the inaugural 07 Bandit Run from Texarkana TX to Atlanta GA. Not just a portion of the run, but the long haul there and back. I call it Show & Go. Ramair1’s mileage is currently at 32K on only sunny driven miles.
    It may not be chromed to the max which I can & do appreciate those that are, but Ramair1 is more weight conscious as it propels down the 1320. But I can attest to you that she’s clean as a whistle inside & out as well as underneath!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

fastfirebird2002

First I would just like to say thanks to everyone , it was another great month of entries and great looking cars. I was watching the polls daily with my fingers crossed hoping that my luck didnt run out. A little about the car. I bought it new out of Pauls Valley, Oklahoma. It rolled off the trailer with no miles so this was my first "NEW" car that I actually got to put the miles on from the start. It started out a 1999 Pewter metallic formula that I later renamed/rebadged TransFormula. Yes I know what your thinking, how is that possible? there is no such thing, but to me there is so I made my own creation. I came up with the idea after adding the Trans Am hatch and thinking since it was part Formula and part Trans Am why not call it a TransFormula. Over the years it has been slowly transformed into what you see today. I wanted my car to be unique in other ways so I decided to have my bodyshop guy create a custom paint that would set it apart from others. Which leads us to the car you see today, a work in progress that I have had fun creating and spending whatever extra $$$ I have on it. I have had my car published in the High Performance Pontiac under the My Pontiac and Me Section A few years back, and I hope to have more publications in the upcoming future.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Ramair2

Just wanted to say thank you for all of those who supported me in the COTM contest i truely appreciate all those that gave me a vote, it really means alot coming from your pears to show you that you have a look that is appealing to like minded enthusiasts. For that i am truely grateful. I have plans to get a new paint job as this one has weathered enough as a daily driver with now over 154K miles on the odometer. It will stay Artic White but with some additional highlights to be added and shared later after the work is completed. Attached is a shot that we took just after submitting the one in the COTM contest and would have used tis one if we had in time. You, the moderators may indeed want to use this one instead as the calendar shot? Totally up to you all.

Thank you!!!
    Ramair2
    Ellen

98 Formula
    06 duramax

BDowning

We have the need to Thanks everyone who help makes this happen!!!!!
    Unbelievable that we had to go into overtime to find the winner this month. There was truly great pictures entered this month and some very nice cars.

We purchased this car with only 7400 miles on it and only took a very short time before the mods started. As most of you we started with all the free mods and moved from there to the cam, trans build , stall and a gear in the rear end. The car dyno tuned at 388 rwhp and going thur a 4L60 we figure it was around 450 at the crank. The best time at the track was 11.85 with a 1.59 60ft, but we were worried about breaking the 10 bolt so we stopped racing and started the show car process.

The first year we showed, we notice that all the LS1 engine bays look alot alike. Soo the second year we (my wife & I) decided to start fabricating parts that were one off so we would have something different then everyone else. The first year we did the engine bay and moved to making the torque arm and all the parts to hold the rear end in place. The building of the Watts link was the latest. Next winter we are going to make a new airbox and lid so that it looks nothing like the factory set up…..so stay tune for the new toys!!!

Thanks again
    Bill & Brenda

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Third Shift Studios

2000 Trans Am WS•666
    Over 100,000 miles (just turned it at the end of August).
    I bought this WS•6 in June 2007, it was purchased a few months after having totalled my original Navy Blue WS•6. I named her "the Phoenix Risen" to commemorate my return to the f-body world after the original car's untimely demise. At the time of purchase, the Phoenix had exhaust work and lower springs, plus the black rims; so some work was in place before I started adding mods to make her corner and run better on the street and in the AutoX. The best part about this car is she handles great and looks fantastic doing it. The paint was wet sanded and polished to a orange peal + swirl free finish last year prior to the 09 T/A Nationals by a fellow F-body enthusiast. This instigated me to pursue detailing as a new career and officially launched ts|s Mobile Detailing in Nov 2009. In May 2010, I had enough clientele to leave my "day job" as a web designer and detail cars full time, continuing to develop custom car emblems at night, as third_shift|studios.

Performance_modifications
    • J+M subframe connectors, rear lower control arms + brackets
    • Suspension Techniques 35mm front sway bar
    • UMI C5 big brake kit with Hawk brake pads
    • Koni 4/4 adjustable sport shocks
    • Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs
    • TurnOne power steering pump
    • UMI front upper A-Arms
    • Hedman headers + Y-pipe
    • Corsa exhaust

Appearance_modifications
    • ts|s engine dress up kit for battery, fuse boxes + PCM with underhood mirror kit
    • ts|s customized head plate
    • ts|s G8 concept “Dart” on nose
    • ts|s ZR1 styled LS1 emblems on fenders
    • ts|s custom WS•666 emblem on bumper
    • ts|s PONTIAC inlays on bumper
    • ts|s smooth cigarette lighter cover
    • ts|s laser engraved floor mats + headrests
    • ts|s TCS + 6-speed shifter plaque
    • 6LE custom gauge overlay
    • Afterthoughts Auto front clear bird, painted + lit
    • Painted air lid + deck with ts|s emblem
    • Relocated TCS module behind PCM
    • Replaced hoses with braided steel lines
    • Polished throttle body + MAF
    • Painted coil packs + bolt heads
    • Powder coated intake, fuel rails, valve covers, calipers + brackets
    • 17x9 ZR1 Grandsport replicas with WS•6 centercaps

98 Formula
    06 duramax

01 T/A

Thanks to all who voted for me this month. It was a close one for sure. I picked up my Trans-am back in 07 and found this site, right after that, the mods to the car started. The first year was a slp lid and magnaflow cat back then over the next few years I have added a pro 5.0 shifter and texas-speed Torquer v.2 camshaft with prc dual springs, and the other supporting mods. Also from tsp I picked up a set of their 1-7/8 long tube headers and ory, a slp under drive pully and their ls6 oil pump. A s3 tb was added. Then the umi sfc's, pan-rod, lca's with brackets, strano springs and koni 4/4 shock keep it all planted. A custom street/dyno tune from Tracy Scott got us a 403rwhp and 385 pft. With the help, the TSlS it looks just as good as it runs. I think there is almost all of his stuff on my car in one place or another. Thanks to all the members of the site for all the help over the past few years.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

cam02ss

Thank you all very much for voting my car COTM. This past year has been pretty wild between building and finally racing my Camaro,so I'm glad you guys like the end result. I've recieved a lot of questions and comments about the car, so I'll give you a rundown on what's been done.
    Over this past winter I decided to switch the 408 over to solid roller. Some of parts include TEA/TFS 235 heads, slightly large Cammotion cam, T&D rockers, Crower heavy duty lifters, Super Vic intake, Accufab 4500 series TB and Manton pushrods. The compression ratio is 13.6:1. The nitrous system is a Wilson Pro Flow plate system 175-325 adjustable. As of this past Friday night, I have run a best of 9.86 @ 137 NA off the foot brake.

Vid of 9 sec run

98 Formula
    06 duramax

BLK2KSS

I would like to give my thanks to everyone who voted for my car for COTM; I am truly very honored by this.
    I purchased my bone stock 2000 Camaro SS on June 22nd 2005 after the unfortunate collision that occurred a few weeks earlier with my 1995 Firebird Formula which was totaled. I named her Evelyn, after the awesome lady who owned her before me keeping it in great shape. This is my third F-body and most likely will not be my last and I have zero plans of ever getting rid of this one. I have been hooked on these cars since I was 6 years old and my newly acquired step Father took me for a ride in his race ready 1968 Camaro.
    I am currently putting down 356.67rwhp and 370.10rwtq with help from the basic bolt-on’s that include a K&N filter, SLP lid and MAF, Ported stock TB, Pacesetter LT headers and ORY, Dynomax bullet muffler, ASP under drive pulley, Centerforce dual friction clutch, and a basic tune. To help get that power to the ground I have a pair of 305/35/18 Nitto 555R’s in the rear as well as some suspension upgrades that include KYB AGX 8 way adjustable shocks, Eibach Sportline springs, UMI sub frame connectors, lower controls arms, relocation brackets, adjustable pan hard bar, shock tower brace, and Edelbrock adjustable torque arm.
    As far as the looks go I have an SLP SS grill, Black Z06 MS wheels (18x10.5 in rear, 17x9.5 up front), swapped all the stock red/black “SS” emblems over for the silver/black ones, added stainless steel inserts for the “camaro” in the rear and the nose emblem, “5.7” emblems from a GTO on the front fenders, smoked all the lenses and added some black projector/halo head lights. I am currently in the process of adding a few other goodies to her over the winter that include a ZEX nitrous system, BBK SSI intake manifold, 85mm TB, Comp Cams chromoly push rods, a custom 2 way na/nitrous dyno tune, and upgraded brake rotors and pads. Cars are my true passion in life and I do all my own work on my cars and look forward to the endless mods to come in the future.
    Again, thank you to all the people that voted for me.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

So many great cars to pick from here!!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

holy cow, the Birds had a run of about 7 straight months there!

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

really tough competition this year and really having a tough time coming up with a vote. All well deserving cars!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

all side conversation has been moved to THIS thread so we don't clutter this one up.

murdered out 06 z06

so close!!!!!!!!!!!

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    so close!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think you pulled it off bro.... Congrats!

Thread Information