Thread: performance

ten942nr

performance

i have a 96 camaro 3.8. many people ask why i didnt get an 8 well... couldnt afford it and insuranse... soo.. i need cheap but effictive ways to enhance. i got a new flowmaster exhaust comming. and new wheels but i need some help... im getting new filters and a tune up for gas mileage. Also i was readin about the sea-foam. should i attempt it or let it be how it is not? need help gimme ideas thanks...

beesan

green
    95 firebird

how many miles do you have on the car? seafoaming is usually a good thing to do. i look at it as a preventative maintenance thing. as far as mods, you want to start with opening up the air induction since you already have exhaust (btw, with the exhaust, are you keeping the stock cat and s-pipe?) for a 3.8 you can do something called the free ram air mod, if you don't want to spend money.

i'm not sure how this site feels about external links...remove it if i'm breaking some rules...but fullthrottlev6.com is the best site for ideas on v6 performance. definately check it out.

camarov6.com is way better than that site you mentioned

ten942nr
    its the flowmaster 3.8 exhaust system which i think only goes to the cat i think.

thanks for the site recommendations

Beesan

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by i not tarted
    How? I beg to differ. That site is ran by nazis.

Hotrod
    Everything really depends on your pocket book! Like they said before, start with air/exhaust mods. Since you got the Flowmaster, now get headers. There used to be a company on E-Bay that sold PaceSetter headers for reasonable, just do a search for "V6 Camaro Headers". I would buy a cutout and run it open since that FlowMaster isn't gonna do much, and buy a high-flow cat...something like CarSound or whatever you prefer. Get a K&N Air Filter, and you can either buy a ram-air kit or just make your own. You can always upgrade the ignition system with MSD Coil-Packs, Plug Wires, and NGK Plugs. These are probably the cheapest things to go with. You can always spend a little extra and get gears, cam, and nitrous!!!

Oh and as far as websites go....
    camarov6.com
    supersixmotorsports.com
    zzperformance.com
    rksport.com
    ebay.com

green
    95 firebird

i haven't used cv6 much so i don't know what to tell you.

as far as catbacks go, the f-body chassis are quite similar for v6's and v8's. you can pretty much put on any lt1/ls1 exhaust on your car, the only thing is the brackets are different. so, magnaflow and flowmaster both make systems for the v6's, then you can choose from an array of v8 exhaust, including v8 takeoff exhausts. personally, i have a hooker catback (made for an ls1) and i love it. the system i got came with an "s" bend in the pipe, which is nice. the best advice i can give you is to check out fullthrottlev6.com and do some searches on catback exhausts. what type of sound are you looking for?

green
    95 firebird

Quote Originally Posted by bene
    How? I beg to differ. That site is ran by nazis.
    nice bene! i'm "jola" over on ftv6.

Talking

hey bene boy,

LQQK

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod
    Everything really depends on your pocket book! Like they said before, start with air/exhaust mods. Since you got the Flowmaster, now get headers. There used to be a company on E-Bay that sold PaceSetter headers for reasonable, just do a search for "V6 Camaro Headers". I would buy a cutout and run it open since that FlowMaster isn't gonna do much, and buy a high-flow cat...something like CarSound or whatever you prefer. Get a K&N Air Filter, and you can either buy a ram-air kit or just make your own. You can always upgrade the ignition system with MSD Coil-Packs, Plug Wires, and NGK Plugs. These are probably the cheapest things to go with. You can always spend a little extra and get gears, cam, and nitrous!!!

camarov6.com <------check it out there bene boy
    supersixmotorsports.com
    zzperformance.com
    rksport.com
    ebay.com

have a nice night eatin your words, i think your the nazi
    Last edited by i not tarted; 06-10-2006 at 09:04 PM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Talking

hey bene boy,

LQQK

have a nice night eatin your words, i think your the nazi
    Why would I eat my words? Because two butt monkeys think CV6.com is better that FTV6? I don't care what you think Retarded girl . SSM site, ZZP, RKsport and ebay? Yeah, go to those site you'll learn about the same amount of info on 3.8 fbodies over there as this forum.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod

camarov6.com
    supersixmotorsports.com
    zzperformance.com
    rksport.com
    ebay.com
    Sorry, I already checked out that place loooong time ago. In fact, I'm still registered as a member of that site since it all started then the place the site started going southbound and then it was time to go and find a better place to chill.

2K LPM Z28 M6- GMHTP StreetHeat feature Nov 12- Camaro Performers Readers' Rides feature Nov 12
    2K4 BS G35 sedan 5AT

Hotrod
    Quote Originally Posted by bene
    SSM site, ZZP, RKsport and ebay? Yeah, go to those site you'll learn about the same amount of info on 3.8 fbodies over there as this forum.

These websites were posted by myself for places to buy parts, not an educational site! As far as learning about V6's, I don't know where to go. I just thought I'd give the websites I used when putting together my V6, never said one was better than the other.

Thread Information