Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

sebring silver
    2000 z28

not trying to be mean

I know everyone says they bought a v6 for gas milage and efficiency, well my 2000 z28 gets 26 mpg bought it for 9000 and runs 13.1 stock, why buy a 17 sec camaro, by the way how much did you guys buy your car for. for as much as every try to make a v6 fast and the money they put into it they could of had a v8 car

here is some advise go on auto trader .com and you can fin a v8 usually lt1 but its better than a 6. i found one for 4900 with 122,000 miles not bad, ok u may have to drive a couple hundred miles but once you drive the 8 it all comes together. yah an 6 can be fast but you do loose drivability and reliability, plus the sound will never match up to a v8

if you can sell your car for 3500 if its worth it and get a 2 year 2000 dollar loan and you should be able to find you v8, if you have a job then 95 dollars a month for 2 years is cheap

TRUST me chicks love V8s, it gets them.....ya know

1999 Camaro SS #24
    98 Corvette-99 Camaro SS

What is the point of this post? Are you just trying to bash on those people that would rather drive a V6?
    -Will

'99 Camaro SS SLP#24 -- Not as Slow and Still As Pretty

sebring silver
    2000 z28

like i said not trying to be mean if you want a 6 the get one i was just trying to help people who dont think they can afford a v8, sorry if it came out wrong

sebring silver
    2000 z28

some people do want a v8 over a v6 all you have to do is find them, and how about you 99 slp would you rather be in a v6

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Not everyone wants to be fast. Some people own cars to get from point A to point B, imagine that.

'99 Z28 It's got the BADASS mod
    IT'S FOR SALE here:
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70562

1999 Camaro SS #24
    98 Corvette-99 Camaro SS

I happen to own a 99 V6 for my daily driver and I wouldn't trade it for a V8, it gets great gas mileage, I don't have to put 91 octane in it and the insurance is a lot cheaper. So yeah I guess.

green
    95 firebird

well, to address your original post, you mentioned selling a car, taking out a $2000 loan, and buying an 8. that right there is the reason i did not buy an 8. i couldn't afford a v8 that was in roughly the same shape as my v6 at the time. i had my heart set on a third gen T/A, but ironically couldn't find one in my price range in my time frame. $2000 makes a huge difference to a college student.

to address the performance issue, some people enjoy working on a 3.4 or 3.8 v6 more then an LS1/LT1. personally it doesn't make a difference to me as far as f-bodies go. think about this though, it takes a lot more time and effort to make a v6 go as fast as a v8. some people find pride in such work. on the other end of the spectrum, so people just do not care about performance. at the moment, i do not have money for upgrades. i've done some exhaust work, but that's about it. i just like having an enjoyable car to drive. hopefully, i'll have a good job when i graduate and buy some goodies for my next car.

to address the ladies issue...i don't need 2 more cylinders to land me a woman.

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by '99 SLP#24
    I happen to own a 99 V6 for my daily driver and I wouldn't trade it for a V8, it gets great gas mileage, I don't have to put 91 octane in it and the insurance is a lot cheaper. So yeah I guess.
    Exactly what I was going to say. Insurance is a big factor, mine would be 1200 higher a year with a v8 and being 18 years old and going to college next year it would be hard affording 3300 a year in car insurance.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Not trying to mean, but I think this post is retarded. I'm not sure why silverz28camaro felt the need to try to talk the V6 world into converting... I guess I should just start walking up to couples and telling them that they should leave each other and find mates that are more to my tastes.

I had an 01 V6, and I did trade it in on an 02 Z; While I'm very happy with my car now, I was paying less before on insurance, gas, tires, oil, and parts. Some people buy these cars because they're fast, some because they look nice, if you're a looks person, there's no sense in buying an 8 cylinder, when the 6 is peppy enough, with less to worry about.
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

black
    98 z28 m6

Im trying to figure out why you are making fun of the v6 people? And why your trying to brag about your car. WOOO!!!, you have a v8 and got your car for 9000, congradufuckinlations....im also sorry that you need a car to pick up chicks, that says a lot about yourself too. 99% of girls also wont know the diff between a v6 and v8 camaro, TRUST me, so quit your shit...im with prowler, this was a rediculously pointless post.

1999 Camaro SS #24
    98 Corvette-99 Camaro SS

Stupid thread of the week nominee!!!!

Hotrod
    I still don't understand why people seem to think that V6=SLOW? I bought my car brand new as a 2000 Chevy Camaro 3.8 liter, and when I bought it back then there was a $10,000 difference between the V6 and the V8. Maybe used one's would have been closer in price but who wants a "ragged-out" sports car with high mileage? At the time I couldn't afford the extra $10,000 nor could I afford V8 insurance. When I got rid of my V6, it could outrun any stock/midly modded Z-28 or SS, I probably didn't spend $10,000 making it that fast, plus I saved hundreds each month on my insurance. So to me it was well worth it!

Besides that, not everyone purchases two-door coupes so that they can race them. Yes it does bother me to see a bone stock SS or WS-6, but some people buy them for the looks!

Oh and my wife found it hillarious to ride in my little, underpowered, V-6, when I blew by the typicall smart-ass kid.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

k heres my question. if the insurance wasnt an issue would you guys honestly pick a v6 over v8 camaro for being fun to drive? v8 gets 18-25 mpg and the v6 gets 19-29 so the fuel economy isnt to bad. Whats more fun than leaving mustangs in your rearview or burnouts? i definently agree that this thread wasnt the greatest.. but v8s are alot more fun to drive plus you cannot beat the rumble of a v8

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by silverz28camaro
    I know everyone says they bought a v6 for gas milage and efficiency, well my 2000 z28 gets 26 mpg bought it for 9000 and runs 13.1 stock, why buy a 17 sec camaro, by the way how much did you guys buy your car for. for as much as every try to make a v6 fast and the money they put into it they could of had a v8 car

here is some advise go on auto trader .com and you can fin a v8 usually lt1 but its better than a 6. i found one for 4900 with 122,000 miles not bad, ok u may have to drive a couple hundred miles but once you drive the 8 it all comes together. yah an 6 can be fast but you do loose drivability and reliability, plus the sound will never match up to a v8

if you can sell your car for 3500 if its worth it and get a 2 year 2000 dollar loan and you should be able to find you v8, if you have a job then 95 dollars a month for 2 years is cheap

TRUST me chicks love V8s, it gets them.....ya know
    your a fucking idoit. who cares what other people drive... i'm sur if they wanted to drive a v8..they'd get one..other people have more bills that they have to pay for and might not be able to afford a loan...or might not have credit....not to mention insurance. do you go on honda sites and do the same shit? and the chicks that you think that like your v8..probably think you have a small dick and are trying to make up for it with a fast car.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

wow dude chill...we are all chevy fans and im sure we all like horsepower so cant we all just get along no but seriously you have a v8 so why are you yelling at him ?

Silver
    2002 Z28

Man, this turned into a good post! Oh, and Camarolvr69, I know I'm already picking on ya in the other thread, but I gotta tell you, justifying the V8 for racing and burnouts.... you get an LS1 as the first car and we'll be hearing about it on the news. Back on topic though; I find it funny that almost all of the comments about the original post are coming from people driving eights, who are only reading this because the guy posted in the LS1 forum to come read the good points he made in this thread. I'm hoping he thinks about what he is writing before he makes another post...

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Wow, this post is the gAy!

Chicks dig V8s... You're jokin' right?

Adam
    Ive never met a chick that didnt beg me to drive my 6. Truth is they dont know shit. they see Speedy sports car must be rich. no need to pop the hood. Its not about what motor you got in your car... its how you use it i bet half the people on this site would be fuckin scared to ride with me.

Adam
    one more thing I took the muffler off once and it sounded meaner than any fuckin v8 youd ever own with an exhaust. and i didnt like it, the whole fuckin car shook, some people dont like that huge fuckin rumble. I do like it, but some people dont.

I'm thinkin about posting a pool and asking if this is the dumbest thread ever posted in the history of this website

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Camarokid View Post
    one more thing I took the muffler off once and it sounded meaner than any fuckin v8 youd ever own with an exhaust. and i didnt like it, the whole fuckin car shook, some people dont like that huge fuckin rumble. I do like it, but some people dont.

I'm thinkin about posting a pool and asking if this is the dumbest thread ever posted in the history of this website
    he'd win dumbest thread, but I nominate this for dumbest post. WE've all heard a v6 without a muffler, you can't lie to us kiddie

Thread Information