red
    97 rs

looking for some heads

hello everyone new to the forum and this is my first post. im looking for a pair of heads 97 and up. anyone here have a pair for sale?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Should be a dime a dozen at any local head shop.

Call a couple local machine shops and you should come up with a pair for a decent price.

I would first ask them if they have a Serdi Valve machine. If so ask them to use a cutter to open the bowls up some while doing the valve job. It will gain you some power and shouldn't be expensive.

Welcome to the site.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

red
    97 rs

Question

would the mileage count on a pair of heads, let say someone whant to sell me pair of heads that have 200,000 miles on them.

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Should be a dime a dozen at any local head shop.

Call a couple local machine shops and you should come up with a pair for a decent price.

I would first ask them if they have a Serdi Valve machine. If so ask them to use a cutter to open the bowls up some while doing the valve job. It will gain you some power and shouldn't be expensive.

Welcome to the site.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by michael454rs View Post
    would the mileage count on a pair of heads, let say someone whant to sell me pair of heads that have 200,000 miles on them.
    Yes the guides will be shot. I would try to find some other cores. What is wrong with your current heads? Cracked. . . . . . . . . . .

red
    97 rs

Unhappy

yeah, they craked, we sent out to get fixed and a week later after putting them back in they broke again so i decided to look for some new ones but haven got any luck some guy wants to sell me a pair with 200,000 miles but at this point i don't want to take any risks, im going to head to san diego to see if i find a pair a junk yard or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Yes the guides will be shot. I would try to find some other cores. What is wrong with your current heads? Cracked. . . . . . . . . . .

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

You should easily be able to go to a head exchange company in SD and get some good cores or even some already rebuilt ready to install. With the junk yard your usually taken a risk because they aren't magnafluxing them to check for cracks.

Sofa King we Todd did

Black
    1990 Firebird

Don't take a chance on junk heads. Guides are not easy to install, and as Tuner said, they will be gone after that many miles.

For stock replacement, the easiest thing to do is a head exchange kind of place. Usually a couple hundred out the door and they will perform like the originals, or better.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro

I have a pair of used heads from a 3800 engine that had 140,xxx miles on it. They look to be in pretty good condition.....Get back to me if you are interested

Thread Information