Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 Camaro v6

Lets get this V6 forum buzzing.

What do you guys like about the v6? What would you change? What have you changed?
    GO!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mroby View Post
    What do you guys like about the v6? What would you change? What have you changed?
    GO!
    First things first you may want to spell "Camaro" right.. "What would you change" is a broad question as well.. Which v6 are we talking about 3.4L or the 3800?
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

What have I changed..

.and a custom built exhaust including cat, which I hate the sound of so will be building another setup..
    Reprogrammed the trans for better shifts
    Run v700 kumho victoracer super soft compound auto-x tires 265/45/16's
    Moog HD stabalizer links.

Future: Modified Eton blower/ or TT, ported heads,or aluminum heads, stroker kit, independant rear, carbon fiber conversion. Not just a panel here and there but ALL of them.. Standard trans, etc,etc,etc................
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-16-2010 at 06:48 PM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by smittro View Post
    first things first you may want to spell "camaro" right.. "what would you change" is a broad question as well.. Which v6 are we talking about 3.4l or the 3800?
    Son, you just got OWNED!

Well, at least you got owned by the acknowledged V6 guru on this site... Listen to Smittro, he'll steer ya right.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Son, you just got OWNED!

Well, at least you got owned by the acknowledged V6 guru on this site... Listen to Smittro, he'll steer ya right.
    thanks man..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

To add: you can hit lt1 stock numbers and more N/A or even with an l67 topend swap, exhaust, pulley, tune. No need to add the extra iron for that kind of power.. There are 3800-II f-bods in the 8's 10's-12's on turbos and SC too. Some with minimal bottom end work as well..
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-16-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Black
    2002 Camaro v6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    First things first you may want to spell "Camaro" right.. "What would you change" is a broad question as well.. Which v6 are we talking about 3.4L or the 3800?
    I can see I'mma get along good with you asscans
    I'm not really going to do alot of engine stuff, my ideas so far have been fatter tires, it already has new shocks in the rear. If it calls for it then I will do the front. I'm also thinking about getting a z28 rear end to gain the LSD from it.
    I'll do a little suspension.
    I have some 0 awg wire I'm going to use for the 3 major ground points.
    I've noticed a drastic price drop in H.I.D. lights, so guess what, Both the high and the lows will be H.I.D.s. That shouldn't cause a problem if wired properly with relays, correct?
    I'm a fan of a nice stereo, and I have alot of stuff around the house and friends houses that I can put in, Punch power 800, ect..
    I really like the double din touch screen dvd HUs. And I'm a wiz with bondo and fiberglass so the bezel will be cake. I also have experience building fiber glass sub boxes and wrapping vinyl.

Later:
    After I have her a little while and can look around at diff models I might do an exhaust.
    Swap some Leather seats in there and a fresh black paint job and I'm in love.

Smittro, I've been reading the v6 write up you posted, great info there. I've also read some of your posts and your knowledge is noteworthy.

Black
    2002 Camaro v6

To add: you can hit lt1 stock numbers and more N/A or even with an l67 topend swap, exhaust, pulley, tune. No need to add the extra iron for that kind of power.. There are 3800-II f-bods in the 8's 10's-12's on turbos and SC too. Some with minimal bottom end work as well..
    Tell me about the top end swap please.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

I can see I'mma get along good with you asscans
    I'm not really going to do alot of engine stuff, my ideas so far have been fatter tires, it already has new shocks in the rear. If it calls for it then I will do the front. I'm also thinking about getting a z28 rear end to gain the LSD from it.
    I'll do a little suspension.
    I have some 0 awg wire I'm going to use for the 3 major ground points.
    I've noticed a drastic price drop in H.I.D. lights, so guess what, Both the high and the lows will be H.I.D.s. That shouldn't cause a problem if wired properly with relays, correct?
    I'm a fan of a nice stereo, and I have alot of stuff around the house and friends houses that I can put in, Punch power 800, ect..
    I really like the double din touch screen dvd HUs. And I'm a wiz with bondo and fiberglass so the bezel will be cake. I also have experience building fiber glass sub boxes and wrapping vinyl.

Later:
    After I have her a little while and can look around at diff models I might do an exhaust.
    Swap some Leather seats in there and a fresh black paint job and I'm in love.

Smittro, I've been reading the v6 write up you posted, great info there. I've also read some of your posts and your knowledge is noteworthy.
    Check your RPO codes on the door.. If one of the codes is (y87) it already has a z28 rear.. I have a y87 code car but the rear will have to go.. 10 bolt rear = junk out of the box..
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-16-2010 at 10:28 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Tell me about the top end swap please.
    The top end swap from an l67 car will take some good fabrication skills on your part.. The eton 90 breaths from the back side of the blower since it's from an FWD w-body car.. You'll need to get the TB around to the front and as you can see there is'nt much room under the cowl.. BUT, if your willing to do the work you need everything you can get for the most part off of the l67 engine, heads (iron), cam, lifters, push rods, injectors, injector harness, etc.. You'll also need a healthy understanding of how to wire things and what pin outs to use from your ECM.. Then you'll need a professional tune to bring everything into line.. The swap is an immediate 40-50 crank hp.. With a few more ponies gained over that with a 3.4 pulley and the compression from your l36 pistons..
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-16-2010 at 10:48 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Our v6 cars have really no need for super fat tires in stock form.. Better to get some stickies than just wider.. Tho wider does help for medium compound radials..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thank you for the acolades..

If you'd like to see a real one off v6 build that's never been done b4, click the link in my sig..
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-16-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Black
    2002 Camaro v6

Anyone got a Double DIN in their dash? I'm going to be putting one in. That and start wrapping stuff in vinyl

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Anyone got a Double DIN in their dash? I'm going to be putting one in. That and start wrapping stuff in vinyl
    I have one. It's a Sony system and I hate it. lol Those paychecks can't get here fast enough so I can get a new system.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

A v-8

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    A v-8

White
    2008 Hummer H3

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Okay okay
    well you know what I thought better of it I kind of like being inkless from time to time.
    It's good this section is getting some action finally.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Okay okay
    well you know what I thought better of it I kind of like being inkless from time to time.
    It's good this section is getting some action finally.
    Don't get me wrong I was just kiddin'.. I like v8's too.. I also like small displacement engines as well, but only v6's.. NO 4 juglers..

Black
    2002 Camaro v6

Don't get me wrong I was just kiddin'.. I like v8's too.. I also like small displacement engines as well, but only v6's.. NO 4 juglers..
    VTEC

Thread Information