Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

gtp top end on 3.8 fbod?

does anyone know if the heads and supercharger on the 3.8 gtps will fit on the 3.8s in the fbodies?

ive been wodering this for awhile, sure u can just buy a cenrifugal kit for one but i like different. ive never seen a roots supercharger on a v6 maro/bird and personaly think it would be cool.

my guess would be that the studs or something are in different positions and will not work at all, but if someone knows/thinks differently feel free to contribute

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

same thing

no they will not fit... yes they are 3.8 seriesII but diff engines... i wanted to do it.. if it was possible more people would do it... but would be cool...

CO Fastest V6 FBody Teufel Hunden's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

One guy has done it. He had to custom make his own intake amongst other things.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

hmmm

yea... one guy... lol.. depends if you can do all work yourself.... ask me wouldnt be worth it.... the gtps only have 30 more horsepower than the fbodys.... granted you can turn up boost and change pullies.. had a friend do it on his gtp.... got to like 280( another 40 horses ) he couldnt even beat my friends lt1 93 trans am... and the ta shifted at like 4 k it was a piece of crap.... money time pain.... thats what it would equal... dissatisfacion... buy an ls1!!!!!!! it would be the same amount if you were to sell your car

red
    2001 v6 camaro

dont know where yall are getting your info, but it can be done. and with out any custom intakes. you just need the top end of the gtp(heads, intakes, injectors). the main problem you have is clearance against the firewall and the cowl. so it is possible, just almost to much work to justify doing it.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

yeah...

umm yeah..... im pretty sure thats what was said.... and no it doesnt fir under hood.... you need custom... i didnt say professional i said custom... and like i said before max HP gains ballpark in 60-75 horses... not enough for money time effort... go buy a nos setup for 600 hundred set it up and spray a 75 shot... much easier... no need to beat this topic anymore though...get an ls1 and be done with it

red
    2001 v6 camaro

well i was speaking to teafuel about him saying it needed a custom untake, and acutally yes it will fit under a stock hood. i belive a guy that goes by the name malice, has done it and it fit under his stock hood.

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    yea... one guy... lol.. depends if you can do all work yourself.... ask me wouldnt be worth it.... the gtps only have 30 more horsepower than the fbodys.... granted you can turn up boost and change pullies.. had a friend do it on his gtp.... got to like 280( another 40 horses ) he couldnt even beat my friends lt1 93 trans am... and the ta shifted at like 4 k it was a piece of crap.... money time pain.... thats what it would equal... dissatisfacion... buy an ls1!!!!!!! it would be the same amount if you were to sell your car
    Quote Originally Posted by lilchubby View Post
    dont know where yall are getting your info, but it can be done. and with out any custom intakes. you just need the top end of the gtp(heads, intakes, injectors). the main problem you have is clearance against the firewall and the cowl. so it is possible, just almost to much work to justify doing it.

sure u can buy an ls1 and slap a few generic bolt ons on it and itl be faster (and most likely cheaper)... but thats no fun

what ever happened to wanting something different?

not that i thng a 3.8 is the coolest shit ever and im def gonna build one... i just like to bounce around ideas for cars that i think would be cool

ill build something someday

been thinkin about a carbed ls 4.8 in an s-10... cheap, relatevly fast, cool... hell i dont know, i think its be cool

CO Fastest V6 FBody Teufel Hunden's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by lilchubby View Post
    well i was speaking to teafuel about him saying it needed a custom untake, and acutally yes it will fit under a stock hood. i belive a guy that goes by the name malice, has done it and it fit under his stock hood.
    No, Malice had a turbo car and recently sold it. Merlin is the one that did the L67 swap, and guess what, he made a custom intake.

As you can see quite clearly in the pic, there is not enough room behind the blower to fit a TB and air filter, so it's REQUIRED that you do some custom work. It is impossible to fit all the necessary equipment otherwise. To suggest that you don't need a custom intake is completely, inarguably wrong.
    Last edited by Teufel Hunden; 08-30-2007 at 02:25 PM.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

thanks

thank you very much... o and the thing about being diff... you drive a mustang.... yea thats different alright dont see too many of those riding around where i am.... its like 1 in what 4? and the reason people do it to ls1.... um is because they are fast.... easy to do.. and cheap... reason they dont do it to v6..... after spending 5 grand you would maybe be EQUAL to a stock ls1... this thread is stupid... he got his answer... and im sure he is not going to that... o wait.. but he will since its UNIQUE... lot of unneeded and useless money time and hardwork wasted... thats why i do things is cause i dont have the money or time

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    thank you very much... o and the thing about being diff... you drive a mustang.... yea thats different alright dont see too many of those riding around where i am.... its like 1 in what 4? and the reason people do it to ls1.... um is because they are fast.... easy to do.. and cheap... reason they dont do it to v6..... after spending 5 grand you would maybe be EQUAL to a stock ls1... this thread is stupid... he got his answer... and im sure he is not going to that... o wait.. but he will since its UNIQUE... lot of unneeded and useless money time and hardwork wasted... thats why i do things is cause i dont have the money or time
    dont cry about it

people like to say mustangs are commen but i see a s*it load of fbods runnin around too. but either way it makes no difference to me. just dont go throwin insults and trying to start a fight caus i was doing no such thing

dont get me wrong i like em both (mustangs and fbods)

i just get tired of people saying dont do this dont do that get an ls1... ITS EASIER! that shouldnt be your mentality. build a car you love, dont do it because its easier or cheaper (relativly speaking).

if your only reason for buying an ls1 is because its easier then thats just a cop out and youl get little respect from me.

i hope people are understanding what im talking about here. i am by no means talking down on ls1s or fbods (ls engines are in fact one of my favorite engine designs ever) if you like ls1s then buy all means buy one and fix it up (or leave it stock, just do what YOU want)

im simply stating my dislike for a certain attitude that many pple have

i started this thread to talk about "CUSTOM" cars... not stock ones that perform well. it didnt say "will a gtp top end fit on a bla bla bla... or should i just get a ls1?"

if you dont want to contribute to the conversation then please leave. im not trying to be rude but i get tired of fights.
    Last edited by drewhenderson13; 08-30-2007 at 03:44 PM.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

yeah...

umm if i wouldnt had said anything... you would of been left thinking that you didnt need any custom work or anything.. and thanks to the pic whoever put that up.. and the ls1 i was stating what i thought you should do... dont ask a question if you dont want a VARIETY of answers... and for the mustang... i hate them.... theres a few nice ones... for mustangs... but i love ls1... have ever since i drove my first one at 16.... never thought about another car.. they are easy.... fun.... beautiful.... fast cars.... thats the reason anybody loves their ls1....... not because its ugly slow and expensive... and no i wasnt and am still not trying to fight... i was strongly stating to you that it is too much time money and hassle so you wouldnt get any mixed ideas.. i once THOUGHT about doing the same exact thing... did my research.. myself... and came to the conclusion... i already told you.... so if you dont want varied answers... dont ask,... do you reseacrh,.... people have asked that ? on here before..

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Just shut the fuck up already with the V-6 hating.... we already know what you think, get out of the V6 forum already.

Arrgggh you people piss me off

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

That doesn't apply to Teufel Hunden obviously, he was actually being helpful

red
    2001 v6 camaro

i stand corrected on the custom intake, but i knew it could fit under a stock hood. another option is the austrialian verson of the m90 that goes on their commodors. it already has pretty much what MERLIN custom made. their a little hard to come by, but would save a lot of fabrication.
    Last edited by FreakV6; 08-31-2007 at 05:12 AM.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

ok

fyi.... i have a v6 also.. im not hating.... i love my little v6.. but would dump 5 grand or anything close to that in it...

Thread Information