Black
    97 Firebird

Good night at the track!

Well, as far as new bests I didn't pull any, I tied my previous best of 14.5 @96 MPH, (these times aren't corrected from 2200 feet above sea level), which was okay, I didn't figure I'd beat it, but it was really fun because my buddy who had his 97 WS6 T/A came out with me (both of our cars are black, and both have ram air hoods, pretty cool. *L*). Anyways, because the Oilers game was tonight (woot!!), plus with the weather being kinda crappy earlier in the day with rain/clouds, not many people were out at the dragstrip tonight. I've never ran more times in one night in my life! Not only that, there were so few people, you could pretty much just go and line up with whoever you wanted, there was only ever 2 cars in front of you.

So anyways, the entire night me and my buddy with his T/A lined up with eachother. We ran 12 times. By the time it was all said and done I had beat him 7 times, and he had beat me 5 times. It was so much fun, most of our races were SO close, it usually came right to the line. I also figured out exactly how many runs I get in one bottle. I filled my nitrous up right before I left for the track and ran out halfway through my 12th run.

All in all it was a great night. It's fun to hang with a WS6, especially when the races are that close. Now all I need is to install my 3.73's I bought in place of my open 3.08's and I'll really see some good times! Definately a good first time out for the season.
    1997 Firebird 3.8L
    A4,WS6 Ram Air Hood, Edelbrock Catback, SLP CAI, 85 Dry Shot
    1981 Firebird Trans Am
    http://members.cardomain.com/dreaded_hope

Hotrod
    Nice looking car man. Not a bad time, but it'll only get better with those gears and if it's an automatic (which I think it is from the pics), a stall-converter will greatly help! What mods have you done so far? I'm assuming quite a bit if your running nitrous.

Black
    97 Firebird

My mods are in my sig, intake exhaust, and an 85 dry shot. I'm pleased with my best so far, if you correct my time for elevation it's like me running a 14.1 @ sealevel to give you an idea. I'm excited to get my gears in, I really think it'll drastically change the whole feel of the car. But I guess I'll have to wait and see. Soon enough though.

Thread Information