Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Finally made up my mind

So I've decided to go with a GT2 cam and pacesetter headers. I currently have a Y pipe exhaust setup. How much rearranging am I going to have to do to make the headers work with the exhaust I have because I don't want to change it. Here's the link to what I'm getting.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-02...Q5fAccessories
    This is the GT2 cam.
    http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=123&catid=104

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

As long as the headers clear you should'nt have trouble adapting your current exhaust.. Looks like the kit includes the crossover pipe and both headers are on the same collector.. Pretty much how our stock setup is run..

So you're going with a lumpy cam? Interesting...

Silver
    98 Camaro

Hell yeah... I've heard from FreakV6 that the GT2 was a good cam. Also heard that it likes the "giggle juice"!!!!

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    As long as the headers clear you should'nt have trouble adapting your current exhaust.. Looks like the kit includes the crossover pipe and both headers are on the same collector.. Pretty much how our stock setup is run..

So you're going with a lumpy cam? Interesting...
    Yeah I like the sound. The GT1 cam is not enough to know you even cammed it. And the GT2 cam requires no upgrades as far as heads or rocker arms, just have to get it tuned so it doesn't throw the P0300 code. Is it true that pacesetter headers leak more than others? My friend said they do so I'm not to sure.

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 1LOMARO View Post
    Hell yeah... I've heard from FreakV6 that the GT2 was a good cam. Also heard that it likes the "giggle juice"!!!!
    giggle juice???

White
    2001 RS Camaro

I don't think I'm getting them at the same time because of money, so which one should I install first? Is there a write up somewhere on how to install a cam in a 3.8 cause that would be a godsend right now.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    I don't think I'm getting them at the same time because of money, so which one should I install first? Is there a write up somewhere on how to install a cam in a 3.8 cause that would be a godsend right now.
    Headers
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Yeah I like the sound. The GT1 cam is not enough to know you even cammed it. And the GT2 cam requires no upgrades as far as heads or rocker arms, just have to get it tuned so it doesn't throw the P0300 code. Is it true that pacesetter headers leak more than others? My friend said they do so I'm not to sure.
    I don't know really.. Never tried them or know any whom have.. I like custom myself..

White
    2001 RS Camaro

The headers come with everything but the header bolts and I have no idea what size to get. Any suggestions?

Silver
    98 Camaro

I would advise upgrading the valve springs to 105# springs. And you would also be wise to replace the timing chain and dampener while your at it. Giggle Juice is nitrous btw.....

Silver
    98 Camaro

As long as the headers are done with the right gaskets you will be ok... I'd contact Abbott Racing Heads in Texas for those. You will also need to retorque the header bolts a couple of times after installation.

White
    2001 RS Camaro

So I talked to some guys at Injected Engineering and with new springs, tune, and a dyno plus labor I'm looking at a 3,000 price tag. GOOD LORD I had no idea it would be this expensive!

Silver
    98 Camaro

So I talked to some guys at Injected Engineering and with new springs, tune, and a dyno plus labor I'm looking at a 3,000 price tag. GOOD LORD I had no idea it would be this expensive!
    Thats atrocious!!! Since your in AL.. PM FreakV6 and he might be able to point you to a more affordable source.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

3,000....did he atleast use lube when he shafted you on that quote?

+1 on upgrading springs and replacing old worn out IMPORTANT parts while your there.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Time to bleed!

White
    2001 RS Camaro

I was like holy mother of god!! I'm in Atlanta for college and all the shops around here gave me around the same estimate. Guess my dreams have been shot down and shat on once again. I had a water line break in my house so you can guess where my headers money is going now. I could cry right now. FML!!!!

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

I was like holy mother of god!! I'm in Atlanta for college and all the shops around here gave me around the same estimate. Guess my dreams have been shot down and shat on once again. I had a water line break in my house so you can guess where my headers money is going now. I could cry right now. FML!!!!
    Time to get down and dirty girl! Get your stuff and tear into it.. No reason you can't..

Silver
    1997 Firebird

Would those headers fit a firebird?...Not sure if there is a difference between the cars.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Motomas View Post
    Would those headers fit a firebird?...Not sure if there is a difference between the cars.
    Yes they will fit.. Tho the 97 3800 has a different air breather/filter setup than us 01's, aswell as we are fly-by-wire TB cars with the updated fueling map..
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-01-2010 at 05:36 AM.

Silver
    1997 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Yes they will fit.. Tho the 97 3800 has a different air breather/filter setup than us 01's, aswell as we are fly-by-wire TB cars with the updated fueling map..
    So id have to upgrade fuel system and some other things if i were to do the GT2 cam?

Thread Information