competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

3.8 upper manifold

I got a 96 bonneville it looks like my lower intake is starting to leak and was woundering what all it would take to put a series 3 upper manifold on it and would it change anything

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 99z-28 View Post
    I got a 96 bonneville it looks like my lower intake is starting to leak and was woundering what all it would take to put a series 3 upper manifold on it and would it change anything
    Series I-II-III have same castings for heads, the manifold will bolt on.. However you'll have see/make sure the electronics can be switched around.. You may need the upper too.. WHy are you wanting the other manifold? You can replace the gaskets on the old one with the updated versions and be down the road much quicker and easier.. Unless there's LM damage..?
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Series I-II-III have same castings for heads, the manifold will bolt on.. However you'll have see/make sure the electronics can be switched around.. You may need the upper too.. WHy are you wanting the other manifold? You can replace the gaskets on the old one with the updated versions and be down the road much quicker and easier.. Unless there's LM damage..?
    Nothing is damaged i was just woundering if the series 3 upper manifold will bolt up and would there be any benifets

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 99z-28 View Post
    Nothing is damaged i was just woundering if the series 3 upper manifold will bolt up and would there be any benifets
    Well it prolly wont bolt to your old mani.. I don't see there being any real gains tho.. The n/a I-II-III are all within +/- 5 crank hp of eachother, but they're all rated @ ~200 crank n/a.. Everthing on the bare engines is the same.. Also the series III is a drive by wire engine and the 96 is not.. So you'd have to figure out how to make your cable driven TB work on the newer UI.
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-24-2010 at 11:31 AM.

competition yellow
    1999 camaro m6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Well it prolly wont bolt to your old mani.. I don't see there being any real gains tho.. The n/a I-II-III are all within +/- 5 crank hp of eachother, but they're all rated @ ~200 crank n/a.. Everthing on the bare engines is the same.. Also the series III is a drive by wire engine and the 96 is not.. So you'd have to figure out how to make your cable driven TB work on the newer UI.
    i forgot is was drive by wire

Thread Information