Black

Where to get this rollbar?

Hey guys and gals ive searched the net and cannot find a cartain rollbar that I seen a few years ago.Its a 6 point thats bolts in up front beside the driver and passenger seats,then behind the driver and pass seats,then finnaly goes threw the sail panels to bolt in behind it.Any info you might have will be very helpful.Thanks for your time.Nick

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Wolfe Racecraft. Get the 6 point bolt in, with the rear bars that go through the speaker holes and bolt to the rear wheel wells. Thats what I have. You can also get a removable seat/harness bar so you can still kinda use the back seats. Thats what I have in my bird.

SOM / NBM
    2002 Pro Z28/2001 TurboTA

+1 i have the same one with swing out fronts, except i left the fronts out all together for now

Black

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen WS6 View Post
    Wolfe Racecraft. Get the 6 point bolt in, with the rear bars that go through the speaker holes and bolt to the rear wheel wells. Thats what I have. You can also get a removable seat/harness bar so you can still kinda use the back seats. Thats what I have in my bird.
    Very cool. So does the back speakers still work? How hard is install? Does it make it uncomfortable?Thanks for your time guys.

SOM / NBM

must remove the backspeakers but you can leave the tweeter, i just cut a hole in speaker grill for bar to go through, install isnt that bad so far i started yesterday but im not finished yet ill update with pictures

Black

Quote Originally Posted by devil6rr View Post
    must remove the backspeakers but you can leave the tweeter, i just cut a hole in speaker grill for bar to go through, install isnt that bad so far i started yesterday but im not finished yet ill update with pictures
    cool.

SOM / NBM

Roll cage pics

SOM / NBM

SOM / NBM

Black

awesome, thanks for the pics. in the last pic it looks like the plate dosent fit flush against the car? is that a problem?thanks dude

SOM / NBM

It fits just a tad better then the picture but it is not that flush, once you tighten the bolts it pulls down and is sturdy as hell

2011 Prius

I think these cars hold together pretty well when you end up on the roof... Honestly, look in supporting the front of the windshield.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Latest change for my cage install. I Put mine in this time last year. Ran all summer and decided that I didn't have enough base to balance things out. (I have all the factory stereo system and speakers.) So I went and took out my small speakers, did some cutting and move the bigger ones back and held them in with small nuts and bolts. Much better now. Just intime to put the car away for the winter.

The only real pain was drilling through the frame rail for the front outer bolts. I also fabricated one of the plates that goes under the car to fit next to the frame. Some people leave these out, some just use washers underneath.
    Last edited by Frozen WS6; 10-10-2009 at 06:24 PM.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    I think these cars hold together pretty well when you end up on the roof... Honestly, look in supporting the front of the windshield.
    True. 10 point cage. Not many people have the ability or time it takes to install one in a street car. First thing in doing that requires removal of dash.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen WS6 View Post
    True. 10 point cage. Not many people have the ability or time it takes to install one in a street car. First thing in doing that requires removal of dash.
    Yea, the top of the windshield is what crushes in, the sail panel I think is what you call it? Holds really damn well. Your weak point is lack of support in that windshield dues to T-Tops. Personally if I was to do it, I would spend a little extra money and pay someone to do it.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

I saw an 02 SS camaro the hit a moose a year ago and the front of the car took out it's legs and it landed on the windhield. The windshield layed all the way down to the dash. But moose weight a few thousand pounds also. The main reason I put a cage in my car. I've had some close calls with ignorant drivers not paying attention. I may not walk away, but I'm damn sure going to roll away from a wreck in my car. I don't plan on having a lifted f-350 tire in my lap if I get t-boned.

White
    2001 SS #3504

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Yea, the top of the windshield is what crushes in, the sail panel I think is what you call it? Holds really damn well. Your weak point is lack of support in that windshield dues to T-Tops. Personally if I was to do it, I would spend a little extra money and pay someone to do it.
    yea I agree this is what happened to me

Thread Information