BGC (mystic teal)
    1998 Trans AM m6

where can i buy DMS springs

i've been searching all over here and tech and have found no help

can someone give me a link or their number?

thanks,
    blake

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

think Sam sells them.. not sure: http://www.stranoparts.com
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

White
    2001 Z28

Sorry, I don't.... I only sell mine. DMS was never forthcoming about who was making the springs, or what the actual working rates were.

I sell Strano Springs, Hotchkis, H&R, Eibach and a few others but not DMS's. I'm not sure DMS is even around anymore anyway.
    Sam Strano
    SCCA National Champion (x6)
    SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x5)
    2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
    Owner--Strano Performance Parts
    814-849-3450

BGC (mystic teal)
    1998 Trans AM m6

does anyone know what the advertised drop on DMS springs was?

i love how low they drop and car and the fact that they perform too makes me really want them

i've checked out sam's springs but i want something lower than that

i think i'm probably just gonna go with LG motorsports springs

thanks guys

White
    2001 Z28

I readily admit my springs aren't the lowest..... and they are not on purpose. A suspension has to have good range of motion to work best over bumps, and the height you see on my springs were derived from my own car, which is corner weighted. In so are as the DMS's "performing"... in what way? In what discipline? And then adding in LG springs in as well makes me wonder if we are looking for a specific height above all and if you are even considering the tiny details like actual spring rate and use of the car.

Just so you know. LG springs and Strano springs are pretty much the same front rate. But LG rears run between 15-32% stiffer than my rears... and they physically weigh more too. And you can use the isolator mod to drop the rear about another 1/2" with my springs should you want to.

BGC (mystic teal)
    1998 Trans AM m6

so what would you recommend i'm trying to build a killer street car that hangs turns like a monster

most guys around here have cars built for drag racing and stuff like that and i hate going fast in a straight line i want a car that will carve up a twisty road like crazy and feel very stable at high speeds

but at the same time i want it to be low to help fill out these wheel wells and give it that killer stance

also i got 315's

and am kinda on a budget....
    Last edited by iwanta69rs; 03-17-2008 at 03:00 PM.

White
    2001 Z28

I'd recommend my springs. They are after all speced by me, and very much mimic what I use on my own car to win 2 of my 4 National Championships (the other two came in different cars).

As for the budget... well, I'm not sure what "kind of on a budget means".... I'm not one that thinks you need every part known to man, and often too many parts fight each other. But when it comes to a suspension that works you often get what you pay for. If the budget is $500, what you want ain't gonna happen. But you don't need to spend $2500 either, there are degrees of performance but it always starts with correct springs, bars and shocks.

BGC (mystic teal)
    1998 Trans AM m6

i got 750 right now to drop her

i'm not too worried about swaybars yet those will come later

right now i'd just like some springs and a good set of shocks and struts that all work together nicely

White
    2001 Z28

I hate to say it, but you're better off with a really good set of shocks first than a so-so set and good springs. Koni's are the best shocks, bar none. A really distance second choice for use with lowering springs are KYB AGX's at about half the price of Koni's and it shows in how they work and last.

Believe me, if something existed that was cheap and as good as Koni's, I'd tell you. I'd probably sell more shocks. But the reality is, like most thing in the world, you tend to get exactly what you pay for.

BGC (mystic teal)
    1998 Trans AM m6

have you had any experience with edelbrock coil-overs or their IAS shocks?

BLACK
    2001 T/A VERT.

Yes I Would Like To Know That Myself I Wan't The Super Strano Suspension But Like The Sance Of Eibach Sportline Was Thinking That I Could Have The Right Spring Rate But Adjust The Drop ??

White
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by iwanta69rs View Post
    have you had any experience with edelbrock coil-overs or their IAS shocks?

They're just Eibach springs on the "coil overs" and the IAS shocks aren't really anything super special. I sell those too, I just never really sell them because they aren't worth the cost. And let's do the math here for a second. A set of the fronts with springs (and not great springs) and rear shocks only comes to just about $700, and you still need rear springs (which are around $169 for the pair). Total that up, comes to $850 or so. Not looking like such a bargain to me.

After all, you could have springs that aren't too soft or too low for the job, and weigh less too. And you could have shocks that are flexible because they are adjustable. IAS's aren't. Yes, a set of my springs and Koni's cost more (mostly the Koni's), and they are worth it. There are tangible differences.

White
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TRANS-DAD View Post
    Yes I Would Like To Know That Myself I Wan't The Super Strano Suspension But Like The Sance Of Eibach Sportline Was Thinking That I Could Have The Right Spring Rate But Adjust The Drop ??

Doesn't work that way. The reason we aren't slamming cars is because a suspension needs travel to work, if you just don't have any the resulting ride and ability to deal with bumps isn't good. And FWIW, the suspension geometry gets messed with too.

Thread Information