Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar

Angry What the F##K is squeeking?!?

Sooo my z28 just started making squeeking sounds, it is nothing mechanical related (engine, transmission). It happens frequently when I'm moving, theres periods when it does squeek, and when it doesn't. I just put on new cross drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads on, back in September so I doubt its that, plus the squeeking has no relation to when I apply brake pressure or when I don't. It sounds like its coming from the rear, (suspension?) does anyone know what this may or might be or have had any similar experience?? Any input would be helpful brothas
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You mean when you go over bumps? start siliconing the hell out of all that is rubber

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

check for polyurethane LCA or PHR.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

lol...

ill throw this up... stock LCAs

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/g...23-08_2133.flv

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    You mean when you go over bumps? start siliconing the hell out of all that is rubber
    yeah it does but not just bumps, even when I'm just going along a flat surface mainly. Like when the car has been sitting for a day, at first it doesn't squeek, but after a ten minute drive or if i drive it a little agressive it starts then, silicone what exactly though? just the rubber bushing connectors?? any in particular?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    check for polyurethane LCA or PHR.
    what do you mean exactly, like the rubber connectors for the lcas and phr? what should i be looking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    lol...

ill throw this up... stock LCAs

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/g...23-08_2133.flv
    yeah its kinda similar to that type of squeeking. I mean since theres no relation to my brakes it must be my suspension, right? Does this usually happen, it never did on my 94z, my 01 is almost at 60k does that have anything to do with it

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke View Post

yeah its kinda similar to that type of squeeking. I mean since theres no relation to my brakes it must be my suspension, right? Does this usually happen, it never did on my 94z, my 01 is almost at 60k does that have anything to do with it
    If you dont want to swing for aftermarket stuff just lube up all the bushings. It will help

mine squeaked in the cold. ive heard the rear sway bar bushing squeak alot . spray some stuff on them

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

I have the same prob... I have the non adjustable LCA's PHB and my right side squeaks. A bunch of White Lithion or Silicone grease will quiet it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    If you dont want to swing for aftermarket stuff just lube up all the bushings. It will help
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a2d3 View Post
    mine squeaked in the cold. ive heard the rear sway bar bushing squeak alot . spray some stuff on them
    Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    I have the same prob... I have the non adjustable LCA's PHB and my right side squeaks. A bunch of White Lithion or Silicone grease will quiet it up.
    hmm so what is the best stuff to use and easiest to apply?? and i apply it on the rubber bushing connectors?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke View Post
    hmm so what is the best stuff to use and easiest to apply?? and i apply it on the rubber bushing connectors?
    Ive just replaced mine but spray white lithium grease will help...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Mine was the shock mount bushings.
    I think. Stopped after I changed them, so I assume that was it.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Put the rear seat back down and drive around. Mine squeaks like crazy some times. I need to adjust the latch bolts to put a little tension on the seatback to keep it from squeaking.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Mine was the shock mount bushings.
    I think. Stopped after I changed them, so I assume that was it.
    Can you get those aftermarket? I only found those from gm and the big piece was $194 each!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

And op silicone all that is rubber that you find underneath the car, I used marine grease since it stays in place under wet conditions. Pop out the lca's, panhard rod, endlinks, etc. It might help out some.

black
    2000 Chevy Camaro z28

i'd say the first thing to do is find out whether its coming from the inside or out of your car. second, find what side. if it is from outside, try narrowing it more to a specific area. how or when does it happen more? over bumps? just straight drivin over smooth roads? sometimes a second person helps. have a person ride in the back seat lookin for the squeak, or try drivin real slow past the person so they can hear what it may be. then, get back to us...

SOM
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by thearborbarber View Post
    Put the rear seat back down and drive around. Mine squeaks like crazy some times. I need to adjust the latch bolts to put a little tension on the seatback to keep it from squeaking.
    exactly where my squeak is coming from. Mine does it since the tires are bad and rims probably out of balance. on the freeway at 110 km/hr and up it starts to squeak with the slight vibration.

SOM
    2002 SS

mine is getting worse. It's not the seats and I replaced the wheels/tires today and it has gotten better but still there. I opened the hatch and wiggled it and not coming from there. i pushed down on the rear fender at the 1/4 panel and I hear it with the hatch open. I just got home from getting new shocks and springs installed so i doubt its the shocks. I'm going to have my buddy get in the rear and drive the car and have him narrow it down. also going to wd40 the hatch points and rear latch.

SOM
    2002 SS

I got out and pushed down on the rear quarter and it is definitely coming from something in the suspension. My guess is sway bar bushing. When I get a chance I will open it all up but my driveway is out of commission atm because of construction so i'm parked across the street

Green
    1994 Trans Am GTA

This is exactully what is happening to me!!!!!!!
    "I'll gut you like a fish!"

Green
    1994 Trans Am GTA

replaced shocks and still squeaks....lubed everything....stop for about 3 weeks now sounds worse....lookin into Sway bar bushings next....any suggestions on where and what kind of these are a good buy?
    Last edited by MotorDogStar; 07-25-2009 at 09:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information