flyinpastu

what do i need and where can i get it

i bought this 99 z28 camaro its a m6 the torque arm hits the bottom of the car i think the guy said that the bracket was bend maybe its missing i dont know but im just going to buy a hole new one so where do i buy this torque arm bracket/bushing and get the bolts and shit that i need i want something good but cheap its the stock torque arm i want to get the car running and moving stock first before i start upgrading it because i want to see what the car needs before i start tearing it down and changing everything plus i dont have to money to start this project yet so once that comes ill have the car running and driving stock for a while please let me know what i need

Check/replace the torque arm bushing at the transmission end. These def wear out and have been known to break apart. You can replace this bushing relatively cheaply with rubber or poly. The arm itself, it goes without saying, should be inspected for broken welds, missing/broken bolts etc. Check the sponsors to this site who sprcialize in suspension stuff for advice/parts. Let them know what your intentions for the car are- drag race, auto-x etc, also noise/vibration tolerance. Some aftermarket stuff may be too harsh for your needs.

White
    1998 Trans Am

You can get a new one from UMI which is a sponsor here and I have several of their parts like lca's and panhard bar and they make a good product and there usually the beat price.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

BLACK
    2001 T/A VERT.

Hey flyin you prob. just need to replace the bushing!....if not the brk is gonna be a dealer or junkyard item.........don't be scard!....jack that thing up & take a look your self so you know what you are lookin for!.....( if ya didn't live so dang far! lol! i'de come give ya hand!) good luck bro! you can do it!!

Thread Information