Thread: What do I need?

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

What do I need?

I have a"02 Formula and it has plenty of power, the thing that bothers me is when I start off from a dead stop (under hard acceleration) the rear end feels like it fish tailing which its really not but it feels like it is.

So, what do I need to prevent this.

Let me tell you about my driving habits, I don't run the car down the drag strip I just drive the car on the street but like alot of people I like to have a little fun once-n-awhile.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Check the bushings on the rear suspension and shocks. How old are the shocks?

Worn bushings will give you a lot of slop as well as worn out shocks.

Now if the bushings are worn out you can swap in poly bushings but why not spend some $$ on good upgrades that that will help both street and strip are some aftermarket lower control arms and torque arm.

I favor UMI Performance (all of my suspension is from them) but there are other brands that are good too. Midwest chassis and Strano. Belstien shocks are better then stock but don't break the bank. Rockauto and Summit sell them for pretty good prices.

Tires also matter. Not all are equal.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Thread Information