1995 Z28 & 2002 Z28

Which way do the tabs go???????

I recently posted a thread inquiring which were the best LCA's to buy to cure my wheel hop. I went with BMR, they should be here today. In conjunction with the LCA's I am thinking of going with a aftermarket Torque arm if the wheel hop persists. Before I buy a torque arm I was thinking there may be a higher durometer torque arm bushing for the stock arm which I could try first. I see Summit carries them, they are from Energy Suspension. The only thing is I am not home, nor when I get home will I be wanting to crawl under my car or drive it up to my fathers shop twice to do the LCA's. I want to do the bushing at the same time. so my two questions are 1) has anyone used this bushing in their stock torque arm and had results good or bad eliminating wheel hop. 2) there are two bushings for this car, one is tab in (tabs pointing towards driveshaft) and one is tab out(tabs pointing away from driveshaft), can anyone tell me on a 2002 Z28 with a M6 which direction the tabs go on my car so I can order the correct bushing with out crawling under it and looking.

I know, I'm lazy
    Last edited by alamantia; 03-27-2006 at 08:17 AM.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

the stock torque arm is wavy at the end that mounts to the trans. it will look like a 3 or E. http://energysuspension.com/pages/cam2.html

there's a pic on ES site to show you what to look for. 99% of the time it's the 3.1111 version.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

1995 Z28 & 2002 Z28

So which way do the tabs go?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

guess you haven't been underneath your car to see which picture yours looks like.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

the 'tabs' they are refering to are the shape of the end of the torque arm that goes into the rubber mount.

1995 Z28 & 2002 Z28

Your information is accurate and very much appreciated, however, i already know how to determine which way the tabs go. I just want to know which way they go. I thought it would just be easier to ask and see if someone knew online before I drove the thing 15 miles up to my fathers shop to put it in the air to look just to order the part. My garage it two cars deep and my 69 is in front of it with no battery so its a hassle to get it out for something stupid like a bushing. I am lucky to have a family member with a shop with lifts so my days of crawling on a dirty floor to work on my car are long gone.

Thanks though.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

no problem. no 100% accurate way of knowing without getting under it. most of the time, the 3.111 is the correct one as that's the only one i've ever ordered and both of my cars are that way. i have seen two occasions where it's not. and both were in the third gen cars.

1995 Z28 & 2002 Z28

thats cool, i will just order that one. I dont even know if it will make a difference anyway. In conjunction with the LCA's i hope it does the job, i dont want to be buying shocks and torque arms anyway if it does not need it. Thanks again for the insight.

Green Monkey
    The TA and LCA's should definitely get rid of your wheelhop, or at least make a major difference in lowering it, depending on how much pow-wah you're putting down.

I got a BMR adjustable TA and BMR tubular poly/rubber LCA's in mine for the same reason you want to get them in yours. They made a huge difference for me. My right tire used to jump and the suspension thumped against my bumpstop, but no more. Also the adjustable TA is great to have because you can really dial in the pinion angle.

Thread Information