Junior Member LIVINGTHEDREAMLIFE's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS6 Prod #115

To Upgrade Or Not????

Here's My Situation... I Have A 2001 Ws6 With 3k Miles. Its Obvious That Its Primarily A Show Car. When I Get Spare Cash I Put It Into Mods For The Car. Its Now Time To Do The Suspension. I Already Have A Bmr Strut Brace. My Next Investment Will Be On An Entire Suspension Set-up And I Will Not Put Anything In Until I Have It All Together. My Plans Were As Follows:

Eibach Pro-kit 1.25 Drop All Around
    Bmr Boxed Sfc's (weld-in)
    Bmr Swaybars Front And Rear 35/21
    Bmr Adj. Panhard Rod

My Questions For The Forum Are These.... Since The Car Is Barely Driven, Do I Really Need To Upgrade The Shocks? I Know It Would Make The Complete Package If I Did, And I'm Not Really Worried About The Money, I Just Want To Know If Its Worth It Since Its Not Really Driven.

If A Shock Up-grade Is Required, What Shocks Should I Go With And Why?

Also, Should I Up-grade The Control Arms As Well, Or Will The Stock Ones Work Fine?

Thanks For Your Time And Patience,
    Chris

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by LIVINGTHEDREAMLIFE
    Here's My Situation... I Have A 2001 Ws6 With 3k Miles. Its Obvious That Its Primarily A Show Car. When I Get Spare Cash I Put It Into Mods For The Car. Its Now Time To Do The Suspension. I Already Have A Bmr Strut Brace. My Next Investment Will Be On An Entire Suspension Set-up And I Will Not Put Anything In Until I Have It All Together. My Plans Were As Follows:

Eibach Pro-kit 1.25 Drop All Around
    Bmr Boxed Sfc's (weld-in)
    Bmr Swaybars Front And Rear 35/21
    Bmr Adj. Panhard Rod

My Questions For The Forum Are These.... Since The Car Is Barely Driven, Do I Really Need To Upgrade The Shocks? I Know It Would Make The Complete Package If I Did, And I'm Not Really Worried About The Money, I Just Want To Know If Its Worth It Since Its Not Really Driven.

If A Shock Up-grade Is Required, What Shocks Should I Go With And Why?

Also, Should I Up-grade The Control Arms As Well, Or Will The Stock Ones Work Fine?

Thanks For Your Time And Patience,
    Chris
    I think you first have to decide what you want to do with the car....do you want to autocross it??? Drag Race it???? A little of both??? The answers to those will really determine what you should do......and how much money do you want to spend....

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS6 Prod #115

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37
    I think you first have to decide what you want to do with the car....do you want to autocross it??? Drag Race it???? A little of both??? The answers to those will really determine what you should do......and how much money do you want to spend....
    TO BE QUITE HONEST, I DON'T PLAN ON DOING ANY OF THAT WITH THE CAR.. IF I PUT 500 MILES A YEAR ON THE CAR THAT WOULD BE PUSHING IT. 20 YEARS FROM NOW IS WHEN I WANT TO BREAK OUT THE CAR. WHEN ITS REALLY WORTH SOME MONEY. RIGHT NOW I JUST BRING IT OUT ENOUGH EACH YEAR SO THE SEALS DON'T DRY ROT, AND ON MY SPARE TIME I HOOK IT UP WHEN I GET THE SPARE CASH. MY WAY OF THINKING IS ALL OR NONE. IF I PLAN TO CHANGE THE SPRINGS...WELL, I MIGHT AS WELL DO EVERYTHING IF IT MEANS DOING IT RIGHT.

CHRIS

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by LIVINGTHEDREAMLIFE
    TO BE QUITE HONEST, I DON'T PLAN ON DOING ANY OF THAT WITH THE CAR.. IF I PUT 500 MILES A YEAR ON THE CAR THAT WOULD BE PUSHING IT. 20 YEARS FROM NOW IS WHEN I WANT TO BREAK OUT THE CAR. WHEN ITS REALLY WORTH SOME MONEY. RIGHT NOW I JUST BRING IT OUT ENOUGH EACH YEAR SO THE SEALS DON'T DRY ROT, AND ON MY SPARE TIME I HOOK IT UP WHEN I GET THE SPARE CASH. MY WAY OF THINKING IS ALL OR NONE. IF I PLAN TO CHANGE THE SPRINGS...WELL, I MIGHT AS WELL DO EVERYTHING IF IT MEANS DOING IT RIGHT.

CHRIS
    Well...if you're wanting to keep the car to possibly sell it 20 years from now I'd say keep the stock supension on. It's not bad and if you take care of the car it will be worth a lot more if it's all stock........That is of course you're keeping everything you take off to put back on later.....then I'd say change the springs to a set of SLP's springs along with a set of Bilstein shocks. But I really couldn't see justifying the cost of that if you're only going to put on 500 miles a year.....unless of course you're Bill Gates and you're just throwing away money, in which case I'll say give me some.....Seriously...from what you're saying I'd just keep it like it is and I'll look for you on Barrett Jacksons in 20 years........

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS6 Prod #115

I Totally Understand What Your Saying, But I Will Most Likely Upgrade And Keep The Stock Stuff For Later On Just For Keep Sake.

Chris

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

anything you are asking for isn't needed because you barely drive it as it is. if you are doing it for show, then get it all and even go with some QA1 adjustable coil overs for the front and QA1 shocks for the rear. then, get the BMR rear springs.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

crustysarge
    Won't be no gas in 20 years.....Who knows.

Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

IMO.... keep it all stock with dealer installed (SLP) parts only. Im kinda doing the same with my 01 which only has 14k on it im keeping all of my original parts even down to the casette deck it came with. once you start replacing parts and welding things to it your taking away from the value. to put things in real world which would be worth more that all original untouched yenko camaro or the one that was chopped up and backhalved to be a race car?

When it comes down to the end of the day it is your car and you can still do with it as you please.

Thread Information