I'm (Hurst) Equipped... davebowtie's Avatar

Onyx Black
    '02 Camaro SS(replica) M6

Torque Arm/Shaft Loop mount Combo?

I've skimmed the net lookin' to see if anyone offers something like this, and have not seen one. Maybe it would b too much load/responsibility to ask for out of one part? A combination torque-arm mount and driveshaft loop, maybe including an adj. torque arm?

White
    2001 Z28

You mean like these? Note there are two because of different exhaust setups. One is for stock and Kooks headers, the other for pretty much all other long-tubes.

Also recommended that you use 3-point SFC's when using this style TA. The load is put into and dispursed through the SFC's and unibody and not into the think floorpan which can't take the load long term unless you have 3 point SFC's.

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7

*and*

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7

Sam Strano
    SCCA National Champion (x6)
    SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x5)
    2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
    Owner--Strano Performance Parts
    814-849-3450

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

Very interesting sam. hadn't thought too much about that mount. I have a mount that put's the torque arm in same location just off the trans but that too will pu tthe stress on the Unibody not the Tranny. but is not where the sub frame connectors attach ( it replaces the transmission mount)

Would that be considered safe is the trans mount reinforced more? just curious Thanks!

P.S. umi performance makes about all of that stuff..... buy from Sam though. Same price but his knowledge is priceless!

I'm (Hurst) Equipped... davebowtie's Avatar

Onyx Black
    '02 Camaro SS(replica) M6

thanks 4 the reply and the pics Sam, I need to get my ride height figured out first (Sportlines r too low). Then I'll have 2 give u a call about the T/A -Loop setup (I've got SLP 3-pt. connectors on now, so I'm almost there...)
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Desktop\sig01.jpg

White
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    Very interesting sam. hadn't thought too much about that mount. I have a mount that put's the torque arm in same location just off the trans but that too will pu tthe stress on the Unibody not the Tranny. but is not where the sub frame connectors attach ( it replaces the transmission mount)

Would that be considered safe is the trans mount reinforced more? just curious Thanks!

P.S. umi performance makes about all of that stuff..... buy from Sam though. Same price but his knowledge is priceless!
    You have a Torque Arm Relocation bracket... that's completely different (and my preference) because being an actual new transmission crossmember it puts the load into a part of the body *meant* to at least carry drivetrain loads.

What you have it what normally like to see folks run with a full length TA and if they need a DS Loop a separate one of those. But that does cost more than the above, and if there are 3-pt SFC's in place or will be it's no longer a huge issue.

White
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by davebowtie View Post
    thanks 4 the reply and the pics Sam, I need to get my ride height figured out first (Sportlines r too low). Then I'll have 2 give u a call about the T/A -Loop setup (I've got SLP 3-pt. connectors on now, so I'm almost there...)
    We can help you with the ride height too...

Thread Information