Thread: TCS

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

TCS

Ok, I think I have this in the right section. My car has the TCS package. Just recently, I was driving the car a little further than usual (about 25 miles) and the TCS shut itself off towards he last 2-3 miles of the trip. I hit the button and it wouldn't come back on. After shutting the car off and turning it back on, it seemed to work fine. It was dry that day. The car has ben fine for a couple weeks.

Yesterday, I drove the car about the same distance to my friends house which was just past the first location. Almost in the same exact place the TCS shut itself off again. I stopped at my friend's house and left a few hours later and it shut itself off again halfway home. It was raining both ways this trip.

Ok, my car isn't throwing any codes. We hooked it up to the pc and nothing. I am assuming it some kind of sensor that needs replacing. Anyone experience this? How did you fix the problem? As sugestions where to start? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

The traction control system uses a 4 channel ABS sensors in the rear end. Most likely you either have a wire to or from the sensor going bad, or its broken or coming unplugged, or the sensor itself is going bad.
    1998 Camaro SS Hard Coupe Bright Red #1593
    Mods: Lots!!, still my daily driver except for winter
    383rwhp 370rwft/lbs

1979 Corvette
    Mods Lots!!, weekend cruiser
    325rwhp and 320rwft/lbs

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (Yes its got a HEMI)
    Mods: Catback, BFI CAI, Winter daily driver

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Thanks, ill jack it up this wekend and see if I can find it.

Thread Information