Suspension Rebuild on a 2002 Camaro SS

Hello Everyone,

We just rebuilt the front and rear suspension on a 2002 Camaro here at our facility and I wanted to share some pictures of the completed project. While we did the suspension we also installed a TSP true dual exhaust system which fits and clears excellent with our items. The suspension items we installled were a K-member, upper/lower front A-Arms, torque arm, torque arm relocation kit, rear control arms, panhard bar, 3-point SFC's and front/rear sway bars.

Please take a look at the pictures and let me know if you would have any questions.

2002 Camaro SS Suspension Rebuild

Thank you!
    Ryan
    UMI Performance Inc.
    Last edited by UMI Performance; 05-20-2010 at 05:14 AM.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by UMI Performance View Post
    Hello Everyone,

We just rebuilt the front and rear suspension on a 2002 Camaro here at our facility and I wanted to share some pictures of the completed project. While we did the suspension we also installed a TSP true dual exhaust system which fits and clears excellent with our items. The suspension items we installled were a K-member, upper/lower front A-Arms, torque arm, torque arm relocation kit, rear control arms, panhard bar, 3-point SFC's and front/rear sway bars.

Please take a look at the pictures and let me know if you would have any questions.

2002 Camaro SS Suspension Rebuild

Thank you!
    Ryan
    UMI Performance Inc.
    you guys want to install my front suspension please

silver
    2000 formula

what headers are those?? did you drop the engine to install K......or just support engine while you installed?

Quote Originally Posted by sjsingle1 View Post
    what headers are those?? did you drop the engine to install K......or just support engine while you installed?
    The headers are coated Pacesetters. Pacesetters are very inexpensive and the fit is great. I am sure the coating won't hold up the best but the car see's 5K miles a year and virtually no rain.

For the K-member we left the engine in the car and supported it from underneath with a tall jack stand. Since we have a lift it makes it easy to do it this way. The hardest part about installing the K-member while the engine is in the car is lining up the motor mounts and getting the motor mount bolts in. It can be a fight at times. Other than that the install was a breeze! But we have done it a few times

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Great looking upgrades on a really clean car. You guys do nice work.

Does the owner ever autocross the car? I'd be interested in knowing how all those new parts affected him if he does.

Currently I'm running those same 3pt sfcs and sway bars, plus a stb. But to get a little more I've been considering adding a few more parts. Basically all the same things I see on that car. But I hear mixed things about the K-member and torque arm...some people out there are saying they are more for drag racing...which is fine, I do that too...but my focus is autocross and I don't want to hinder my performance there.

I'd welcome any advice from someone who has experiene in really making an F-body handle.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

they offer a road race version of the K member also. i dont see why a light -weight k member wouldn't be a good thing for autoX and road racing and drag....a lighter car brakes better, handles better and accelerates better

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepidman View Post
    Does the owner ever autocross the car? I'd be interested in knowing how all those new parts affected him if he does.

Currently I'm running those same 3pt sfcs and sway bars, plus a stb. But to get a little more I've been considering adding a few more parts. Basically all the same things I see on that car. But I hear mixed things about the K-member and torque arm...some people out there are saying they are more for drag racing...which is fine, I do that too...but my focus is autocross and I don't want to hinder my performance there.

I'd welcome any advice from someone who has experiene in really making an F-body handle.
    That car in the link is more of a street/strip car but we do have many customers who do auto cross and road race on our items.

The k-member won't give you a lot of benefits in auto cross, it does remove some weight and allows for additional adjustment though. If you were heavily into auto cross I would recommend the road race version we offer.

A torque arm is a good upgrade for your application. The factory torque arm can flex under hard braking and an aftermarket torque arm will eliminate this. For a autox set up make sure you go with the full length torque arm like this- www.umiperformance.com/2205The full length helps to reduce brake hop much better than a shorter style.

If you have any additional questions please ask. Thank you!
    Ryan

black
    1999 camaro SS

I'm not on face book so I can't see the pics but I thought TSP true duals didn't work with body mounted torque arms.... I'm confused lol

Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    I'm not on face book so I can't see the pics but I thought TSP true duals didn't work with body mounted torque arms.... I'm confused lol
    Even if you are not a member of Facebook you should still be able to see the pictures but if not I posted a few below as well of the TSP duals.

The TSP won't clear with tunnel mounted torque arms. The torque arm in the picture is a full length arm with a relocation kit.

If you have anymore questions please ask. Thanks!

Ryan

Thread Information