2 is better than 1!!! noblesramair's Avatar

sunset orange
    2002 pontiac trans am WS6

Suspension advice

Whats up guys i need some advice. I had a 99 trans am and i just bought a 2002 trans am and i want to lower it but i want to do this trans am with nothing but good parts and the right way!!! My problem is that i have a set of sportline eibach springs and i was going to use KYB AGX shocks with it but i have heard a lot of you saying that coil overs are MUCH better. My question is should i keep the sportlines and get the shocks or sell them and get the coilovers. Also i want something that is good for performance driving but not redicoulasly uncomfortable with normal driving that has enough clearance with LT headers. Lastly, could some of you guys give me some links to where i can get some coilovers at a good price that fit my situtation. I know the QA1's are good but i really dont want to spend $1000 on them!!!

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

You already have coil overs in the front in the rear you have a strut spring setup which is fine. I have KYB's all aroung but they don't recommend running the KYB's if you're lowered more than 1.5" If you want the best look into a set of Koni Single Adjustable shocks or the QA1 shocks. Both adjustable and both very good shocks.

Black
    1999 T/A

My DMS springs and KYB AGX far improved the handling over stock. I can't imagine what a set of nice coilovers could do. As far as clearance you will just need to take it easy and use angles in and out of parking lots.
    1999 Pontiac T/A A4

Headers, Gears, Sweet Thunder TD's, Suspension & Brake Upgrades, 2 Tone Interior, and Other Mics Parts
    ***PICS & MOD LIST***
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...allsigpic2.jpg

sunset orange

redphoenix1998:

No, i have the stock setup on my car all around, i have the sportlines in the garage still in the box. I am trying to decide wether to sell the sportlines and go with a coilover setup or just keep the sportlines and forget about the coilovers. I want to do the best setup but i dont want to spend a redicoulas amount of money, I've heard a lot about ground control coilovers, any advice about those?

Sebring Silver
    98 Z28

i have the same problem i also have a set of eibachs in the box but am considering going to air springs instead those r badddass

Bad habbit- Smoking Fords

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Ground Control coilovers are the way to go in my opinion. You can lower your car from 0" - 2", they have Eibach race springs (constant rate) and are designed to work with Koni, Bilstein or AGX shocks. I can get the coilovers for $409/set and Koni SA's for $800/set. I am going with the Bilstein revalved shocks ($380) and Ground Control coilovers with a 400lb and 150lb spring rates front and rear respectively.
    Last edited by SOMSS; 11-07-2005 at 02:25 PM.
    2001 SS - 430 RWHP 412 RWTQ
    6 spd, FIPK, Corsa exhaust, LS7 clutch, Dart Pro PP LS1 heads, custom 220/224 cam, Kooks LT's. Ported TB, Full suspension, C5 ZO6 brake upgrade.

sunset orange

i spoke to sam not too long ago and he said that the KYB AGX shocks arent really all that great. That is the way i was going to go also because its a decent price! Plus you can buy a set on ebay for 300 flat! He more or less told me if i want really good handling then to go with the SA koni's and stock springs and if i want to go lower than the koni's will allow then to get the coilover set. So im thinking of going koni's only with stock springs since they are adjustable up to roughly 1 inch and just do the hose mod in the rear.

Speaking of this mod does anyone have a pic of the SA koni's lowered/hose mod on a 98-02 WS6? If so id love to see it so please post it!

If i dont think thats low enough then ill go with a coilover set also but that'll put me at almost $1300.00 which is kind of more than id like to spend.

Thread Information