Thread: STB Help

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

STB Help

Hello,

I'm intersted in getting an STB seeing how it looks like something I would want for overall performance. My question is the difference between them. I have seen them anywhere from $20.00 scratched to $100+ Is ther really an advantage to get an SLP for $89.99 vs the noname $20.00?

Dark Green
    95 AZ Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by gnomee
    Hello,

I'm intersted in getting an STB seeing how it looks like something I would want for overall performance. My question is the difference between them. I have seen them anywhere from $20.00 scratched to $100+ Is ther really an advantage to get an SLP for $89.99 vs the noname $20.00?

Really comes down to fit, finish and the meat. If it looks solid and fits, and looks good to you. I wouldn't worry about it. It's a piece of metal that has to connect to a few bolts and stay there.

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10614

I personally find it hard to have the hood open to look at the STB while I'm driving down the road... Just my $0.02 - look for the material the bar is made from, you want heavyweight material. Remember, you can always sand the bar down and repaint it.
    Last edited by Fastcar; 01-21-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Thread Information