SOM
    2002 SS

Sportlines Not low enough.. anything lower?

The way the car sits I'm going to be driving it through the winter. I plan to raise the rear a tad by spacers under the spring perch but the front sits pretty good. Is there any lower springs out there?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Air ride.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

how long have you had your sportlines in ?? they tend to settle a little lower over time.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

you're pretty much on the bumpstops ... so anything lower will make the springs useless on compression... there will be none... just rebound.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

SOM
    2002 SS

Whats odd is the rear seems to be a little lower than the front. Are there any spacers or rubber pads on the front that can or should have been removed on install? It's not abnormally high I just wish the front was 1/4 inch lower or the rear 1/4 inch higher. For a while I thought tirerack sent me the LT1 springs but they're not.

I've had them on since may. I even have a slight downgrade on my driveway and always reverse park it overnight in hopes the extra weight will help settle the front. I've driven 19000 km already since May and never even slow for any railroad tracks ( i just go fast it makes it better- unless i know there is a huge huge bump)

ANy ideas on getting a rubber spring pad to put under the rear springs to give it a little 1/4 inch?

I'm (Hurst) Equipped... davebowtie's Avatar

Onyx Black
    '02 Camaro SS(replica) M6

I've used reinforced clear nylon (i think) hose. Bought a 10ft. length, cut it in half, threaded it onto the top ends of the springs (the dead coils) on the Sportlines. sure it took me half the day (literally) but it was worth about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. But of course this is to RAISE the rear. Sounds like u want to go lower all the way around..?
    C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Desktop\sig01.jpg

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

sportlines tend to sag in the rear

SOM
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by davebowtie View Post
    I've used reinforced clear nylon (i think) hose. Bought a 10ft. length, cut it in half, threaded it onto the top ends of the springs (the dead coils) on the Sportlines. sure it took me half the day (literally) but it was worth about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. But of course this is to RAISE the rear. Sounds like u want to go lower all the way around..?
    Thanks for the tip. Actually I do want it lower but since there's not many options I want the rear higher. Not sure if they sagged i just hate the stance right now. the front looks like a 4x4 and the rear looks like I have 2 sumo wrestlers in the back of the car.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    and the rear looks like I have 2 sumo wrestlers in the back of the car.
    have you checked to see if there really are sumo wrestlers there ??? might want to eliminate that possibility

navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am

didn't read all the posts carefully, but did you remove the rear isolators when you installed the springs?

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Cut a turn off the springs?

SOM
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by creeper View Post
    didn't read all the posts carefully, but did you remove the rear isolators when you installed the springs?
    What do these look like? The spring right now sits directly on the metal perch on the axle.

navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am

it's a rubber circle that sits on top of the spring between it and the body. a lot of people remove it to get an extra 1/2" drop and replace it with heater hose.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

You could get some 5/8" ID hose, 18-21", enough to cover 1 full coil. put it on like your doing the "hose mod", except push it down 1 full coil below the top coil.
    That should give you 1/4-1/2" lift in the rear.

SOM
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by creeper View Post
    it's a rubber circle that sits on top of the spring between it and the body. a lot of people remove it to get an extra 1/2" drop and replace it with heater hose.
    Oh ffs there's nothing there !! I'm going to look on the stock springs I have on the box hpefully theyre in there. WHY would anyone want the rear lower than the front.. it looks so retarded i swear. I get so mad every day I walk to my car.

navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am

hahahah. i hate the front being lower than the back. looks stupid. i got the slp bilstein/eibach setup for $100 and ditched the fronts before i ever installed them because the front sits higher in all the pics i've seen.

if you can find the rear isolators that should give you about as much lift as you're looking for. maybe the original installer did it and it was even until the rears settled/sagged.

Thread Information