Red
    1999 Trans Am

Right Rear squeak

Sounds like my right rear wheel/suspension is making a squeak noise. Seems to do it at all speeds, can't hear it really unless the right window is down and since I live in TX and having some good t-top weather I hear it all the time now. Goes away when I apply the brakes, could it possibly be an object causing interference (sp?) with the rotor and pad(s). Another thought I had is could it be a bearing, my thought on this is because if the bearing is shot/going out, the wheel would have a slight wobble and when I hit the brakes the application of the pads to rotor causing it to stop wobbling? Maybe I'm putting too much thought into it. Now a little info on the car, 99 T/A, 92,400 miles, just had the clutch and hydraulics replaced but noise was there before hand, stock gears/rear end, stock 16 inch ABS wheels. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You could have a caliper that is slightly hanging up. After your next ride, feel the rear wheels to see if there is a temperature difference from left to right. If the right side is warmer then it may be hanging up. Have you cleaned and re-lubed your caliper pins lately? If not, you should probably do it and see if it makes a difference. Use synthetic caliper grease on the pins and just a little bit on the slides.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    You could have a caliper that is slightly hanging up. After your next ride, feel the rear wheels to see if there is a temperature difference from left to right. If the right side is warmer then it may be hanging up. Have you cleaned and re-lubed your caliper pins lately? If not, you should probably do it and see if it makes a difference. Use synthetic caliper grease on the pins and just a little bit on the slides.
    Mine was doing the same thing, this fixed it

black
    2002 trans am ws6

i am having the same problem. i pulled the wheel off and was wondering what you are talking about caliper pins. i think i have a pretty good idea what you are talking about. anyways i noticed the rotor wobbles not side to side but kind of like a round and round wobble motion.not too bad. do the wheel bearings keep it from moving like that?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The rotor simply slides over the studs and hub. It is retained by bolting the wheel onto the car. The caliper and caliper bracket have to be removed to take the rotor off the car. The fact that it wobbles with the wheel removed is normal.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Thanks for the help, haven't had a chance to do anything and don't know when I will either, just got a second job

Thread Information