white
    2002 z28

rear suspension what to do

i got my car like 2 months ago i want to do something to the rear suspension to stiffen it up and get the creaks out i figure a sway bar,bushings ,end links, and shocks no springs. any idea with what to go with there r so many options im dumb founded . also subframe connectors which ones should i get

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

The best suspension mod for the rear of our cars IMO is lower control arms. The stock lower control arms aren't very good. Another good rearend suspension mod is an aftermarket panhard bar. Sub frames are a great suspension mod like you mentioned as well.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

I totally agree with Pewter. Here's a quick comparison between a stock and aftermarket panhard bar.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

if you do LCA, make sure to stay away from polyurethane bushings, if you care a bit about handling... if it's a pure drag, go for it... otherwise, you are better off with the stock one.
    Where your best investment of $ will be is shocks. problem with the rear is that the stock shocks are so inappropriately matched w/ the spring rate of the car.
    Also, getting a bigger rear sway-bar as you might have suggested will make your car even more tail-happy whenever you decide to turn the wheel... not necessarily something you want to do.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

how will poly bushing lca's negitivly affect your handling?? im not arguing this point but trying to learn....if i dont drag my car often and am looking for the best possible handling should i be looking at lca's even?????? picking up some strano sway bars front and rear plus an adujustable pan hard rod as well as im planning on lowering the car with strano springs and koni sa's in the future.....i WAS planning on some lcas as well..proly bmr boxed untill i read this..thanks

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

The poly will not allow the LCA to move when corning and will bind.

That is why many people will get rod ends instead!

pewter

ahhhh i noticed those.......so rod ends are the way to go or are they just not gonna make a big enough diff vs stock?

white
    2002 z28

so baisically shocks subframe connectors def for the sway bar should i just go with the poly links and sway bar bushings i dont plan on draging it very often i want it to handle very well though

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by brady1 View Post
    so baisically shocks subframe connectors def for the sway bar should i just go with the poly links and sway bar bushings i dont plan on draging it very often i want it to handle very well though
    For the rear the stock bar is fine but you should move up in size for the front bar. Most like the 35mm bar in the front.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33711
    GP on subframe connectors.

What I can do in your case is that if you give us a call, I'll give you a package deal on the subframes, control arms, and panhard rod.

Unless you have or intend to alter the vehicle height, adjustability is not needed. I'd also recommend a 1LE sway bar. This route would probably save you a lot of money in the end.

i suggest 1le rear control arms... koni shocks... and a rod/rod panhard arm.... now thats a nice start.... stay away from poly it binds and rod lca are noisey.... the 1le rear bar is way to much unless you up the front to 35mm.... as 4 springs i have 1le but they are no more so i would go 4 sam strano springs

triple-black

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    ahhhh i noticed those.......so rod ends are the way to go or are they just not gonna make a big enough diff vs stock?
    stock handle better than after market poly-urethane version.
    rod-ends are better, but then depends on the quality of rod ends... some are no good and very noisy.
    good ones aren't cheap.

triple-black

Quote Originally Posted by dxdenis02 View Post
    i suggest 1le rear control arms... koni shocks... and a rod/rod panhard arm.... now thats a nice start.... stay away from poly it binds and rod lca are noisey.... the 1le rear bar is way to much unless you up the front to 35mm.... as 4 springs i have 1le but they are no more so i would go 4 sam strano springs
    my rod lca are quiet.

pewter

what kind do u have? i was looking at spoon's that are rod on one end and poly on the other..bout 200 bucks...240 for rod on both but itll be obviously a lil noiser

Green
    1994 Trans Am GTA

also need some sway bar bushing...19, 21, 23, 24mm is my choices...I have no clue what stock is....looking at Camaro/Firebird 82-2002 Energy Suspension Complete Rear Sway Bar Bushing Set...from Hawks..(any other suggestions?) anyone knowledgable of size?

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 conv'

Check out those lower control arms from J&M Products. There 3 piece Poly-Ball bushing design allows the bushing to articulate like a spherical bearing during cornering but the hard inner ball does not allow the bushing to deflect during acceleration and they are quiet like the stock arms. I got them on my car and love them. Huge improvement over the stock arms, now the front of the car feel less tight compere to the rear. use to be the opposite...

http://www.hotpart.com/shop/index.ph...ct_detail&p=42

Thread Information