Black
    02 Ws6

rear suspension on my formula

car=95 formula 6speed
    problem=on the rt side rear of my car it squats, lt side is higher but looks stock----ALSO---lt side wheels sticks out and rt side tucks in more

Question=(I just installed new shocks on the rear rt and lt) what parts do I need to fix these problems. I'm thinking adjustable PHB and new springs. Im new to these cars. Em close or not, what do you guys think? Never really had this problem before. My car has 36,000 orignal miles on it don't understand why I have these problems.

Thanks

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

1st, check if the spring isolators are well installed (rubber thing on top of the rear springs)
    2nd, check your PHB + LCAs for any irregularity.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

I second this...

1st, check if the spring isolators are well installed (rubber thing on top of the rear springs)

adjustable pan hard will fix left to right, but how did it happen is the real question? maybe a power slide into a curb? not saying you did that, but just saying make sure you check everything close. if you get pan hard stay away from rod ends they are not weather proof, greaseable, or strong and most manufacturers use cheap ones anyways.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ray View Post
    adjustable pan hard will fix left to right, but how did it happen is the real question? maybe a power slide into a curb? not saying you did that, but just saying make sure you check everything close. if you get pan hard stay away from rod ends they are not weather proof, greaseable, or strong and most manufacturers use cheap ones anyways.
    I actually prefer rod ends for bushings. They are 'greased' with Superlube from a can and allow the bar to rotate rather than bind like most poly units do.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ray View Post
    disagree.
    Rod-ends are way better than any polyurethane.

For handling, you're even better w/ the stock rubber vs the polyurethane, since there is less bind, allowing your suspension to do a better job.

i would just like to add a few things to maybe shed some light on the whole rod end deal.

first off, i swear im not bashing anyone on here at all, we have all our own taste and experiences. second, i would just like to help out as many people here as i can nothing more.

the only place in the entire rear suspension that i would recomend poly bushings at "both" ends would be the pan hard. the reason for this is that you want zero lateral movement from this piece of suspension. the only movement you want at all is a vertical arc. and even the arc is a very undesireable feature of this piece. that is why manufacturers make these bars as long as possible for as little arc as possible. rod ends in this application would be undesireable due to the fact that however slight, they will allow for and aft movement in the bar like your arm pivoting at your elbow left to right, and ploly would minimize this effect. now racing cars are different in this regard only because their entire suspension is made of rod ended links so there is zero movement anyways. however they also have the luxury of replacing all ends after each race, and zero regard for ride quality to boot.

and lubing the outer surface of the end while better than nothing and certainly more than most people do will get little if any lube to the contact areas inside the rod end. plus to really help you would have to do this at least once a month or every time it rains and as the rod ends allow pivoting which is very beneficial at certain points in your suspension, they also allow anything on their surface to be brought inside and contaminate the end. oil, gas, solvents, antifreeze, ect will all cause premature failure of the "bearing" surface inside the rod end, the result being metal on metal contact and heat leading to catostrophic failure. rod ends have their place dont get me wrong, in fact they will be on my drag car, but due to their zero tollerance for any give (harshness), and zero tollerance for any contamination, my personal belief is that they should not be run on a "street" car. how "street" you want your car to be however is entirely your call. thanks for listening and hope i helped a little anyways!!!

Thread Information