Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Rear End Stuff...

So I tightened up the front end recently...now I have to do the rear end. Looking at some UMI LCA's...I dont plan on running slicks on my car and nothing over a 295 rear tire. So do I need the relocation brackets or adjustable LCA's or will I be fine with these?

UMI Performance 2015, UMI 1982-02 Camaro Tubular Non-Adjustable Lower Control Arms V8

I may pick up some strano springs down the road so I know i'll probably need an adjustable pan-hard bar at some point, but im not there yet...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

If you plan on lowering then get at least one adjustable side. I would still recommend the relocation brackets just because you can still get wheel hop on the street BUT not really needed for DD type driving. I know no help at all.

I have these and are very satisfied with them but they also cost much more then what you are looking at.

1982-2002 F-Body On-car Adjustable Control Arms- Poly/Roto-Joint [2039] - $249.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I personally went with the LCA relocation brackets (bolt in) because you can never have too much traction. Do you need it on a DD type car? I don't think so but you can always run without them and add them later if you want. I didn't however do adjustable control arms because I never plan on lowering the car.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have non-adjustable LCA's and my wheels are perfectly centered...and I'm lowered.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I have non-adjustable LCA's and my wheels are perfectly centered...and I'm lowered.
    panhard is what you would use to center the rear.....not all cars have an issue but it's a nice adjustment to have if you need it.

edit: nevermind....I was thinking left/right and not front to back. Either way though it's a nice adjustment to have if you need it. I wouldn't put any rear suspension on a car that wasn't adjustable if I knew I would lower it.
    Last edited by 0rion; 05-08-2014 at 05:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

UMI makes good stuff. Like 0rion, I went with their non-adjustable stuff in the rear. I do recommend you also swap out the panhard bar when you get the LCA's. The stock piece is really flimsy.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    UMI makes good stuff. Like 0rion, I went with their non-adjustable stuff in the rear. I do recommend you also swap out the panhard bar when you get the LCA's. The stock piece is really flimsy.
    Jeff what end joints did you get poly? Roto ? I'm looking to get some at the GM show and want a nice quite ride. Like the idea of having some adjustment if ever needed so I'm looking at these.
    1982 - 2002 GM F-Body Tubular Adjustable Lower Control Arms [2016] - $189.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.
    There are NO plans to lower so should I save the $80? Any thoughts!
    Plus -10% show special takes it down to $170
    Last edited by kingls1; 05-24-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I have those on my car and it's loud you hear every bump you go over. Going to upgrade to roto joints either later this summer or next spring. I drive my car all year round. I'm used to it now but my GF bitches about them.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I bought mine before the roto-joints came out. Mine are just standard ends with poly bushings.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Thanks looks like I will invest in the standard set then. Don't want to spend extra for a noisy ride.
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Only thing noisy on ours is the tunnel mount torque arm -- it bangs and clunks and transmits quite a bit of noise from the rear into the cabin... on the other hand, it hooks great at the track!

Thread Information