White with Hugger Stripes
    1997 30th Anniversary SS

Rear End Pointing to Right? Help!!!!

Hi everyone, can someone please take a look at these two pictures of my car? The first pic is the passenger side. It's a bad pic since I used my camera phone, but if you look closely, the rear tire is about 1-1 1/2 inches from the rear part of the fender. The second pic is the driver's side and if you look closely, you will see that the tire is much more centered in the wheel well. Can you guys tell me what is wrong here? If the frame or rear end was bent, the rear end couldn't be bolted onto the car right? The suspension is all stock. Will adjustable trailing arms fix this issue? Nothing looks out of place under the car.

http://wickedbusa.tripod.com/trans_am/

I didn't notice this on the car when I bought it. I just got the car last Sunday. If I floor it on the freeway, I notice that it pulls to the right. But once I pull off the gas, the car goes straight again. Please help. I was going to put new wheels on the car but need to get this issue straightened out because I don't think 18x10.5's are going to fit with the way the passenger side is centered in the wheel well.
    Last edited by WICKED LS1; 07-27-2007 at 07:23 AM.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Adjustable LCA's can fix that. Take it to an alignment shop and have them check it out. It's possible you have weak or distorted bushings.

1997 30th Anniversary SS

Thank you much. Glad to hear that adjustable LCA's can resolve my issue. I'll be visiting the local alignment shop today to have them take a look.

1997 30th Anniversary SS

Crap, I took a closer look at my suspension this morning and the rear connection of the LCA to the frame is cracked!!! One of the loops that the bolt passes through is cracked. What exactly hold the rear end in place besides the torque arm? It's going to be a couple of days before I can get it replaced and I need to drive the car. Is it a bad idea to drive the car slowly? What's the worst that can happen if the LCA's connection to the frame breaks off completely? Time for some tubular LCA's.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

the worst that can happen is when it breaks, the rear will fly up under the car and cause a wreck.

the springs, trailing arms and torque arm hold the rear in place.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information