Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

Quick Torque Arm Question

I'll likely end up modifing my '98 TA at some point to lower it just a little (1") and currently have a fixed edelbrock torque arm, I know I would like to get the torque arm off the tail of my Tranny (M6) but will I be fine with just a front torque arm relocation bracket or should I suck it up and get an adjustable torque arm with brace so I can adjust pinion angle?

It's a driven hard daily driver and sees drag strip once or twice a year.

I ask now because I just ordered TSP headers and ORY and about to order UMI 3 point subframe connectors and would like to take care of everyting at once while I have everything apart if I can. Just don't want to spend money unnecessarily. Thanks for all your wisdom

silver
    2000 formula

its always good to get the TA off the tranny tailshaft.....some like the mid mount TA.....i feel it makes for more noise.......i will be getting a UMI tranny cross member mount soon

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

ok so the way I see it I have 3 options;

1) Keep my Edelbrock fixed Torque Arm and get a Tranny Cross Member Mount
    (least expensive but no adjustability)
    2) Get a full length adjustable TA and Tranny Cross Member Mount
    3) Get a Mid-Mount adjustable TA and Brace

I will have full length headers and Y pipe, but I think all options above will clear them if I order the correct ones.

silver
    2000 formula

adjustable TA is good for lowered cars or for setting up for the drag strip........or just for added bling ......exhaust pipes other than stock MAY have clearance issues with a mid mount TA cross member.......now what is your budget for a TA?

Navy Blue, Dark Cherry
    98 M6 TA, 87 A4 TA

Quote Originally Posted by sjsingle1 View Post
    adjustable TA is good for lowered cars or for setting up for the drag strip........or just for added bling ......exhaust pipes other than stock MAY have clearance issues with a mid mount TA cross member.......now what is your budget for a TA?
    I won't waste money on useless items, but willing to spend money when/where needed, don't know if that answers anything. I know headers and subframe connectors are almost mandatory so headers are in the mail and I'm about to order subframe connectors, planning on UMI 3-points as I see it spending a little more on 3 points over 2 points just strengthens the chassis a little more.

After that I know I should get that Torque arm off my tailshaft and not sure if it's worth it cost wise to go with an adjustable one or not. I dont care about undercarriage appearance as long as it all works well. I'm upgrading performance not bling. Also plan on replacing motor mounts at the same time as I do headers (still looking into those, think i'm going to go with poly, solid on a DD sounds like a bit much).

Thread Information