Pewter
    2001 NHRA Trans Am

Problem with suspension?

Recently i have been noticing that whenever i am driving and go over a bump or a curb i hear a creeky or sqeeking in the back left of my car. It sounds like the suspension on the back left wheel is creeking everytime it has to adjust. Is this the suspension or something else? Expensive to repair?

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

Well it could be a couple of different things. First check the LCA (lower contorl arm) mounting points. Maybe hit it with some heavy duty silicone lube. Also could be your shocks getting old. And finally check out your roll bar links. Mine where so bad that they where almost desintegrated on the contact area. Good luck
    3" MagnaFlow CatBack w/Corsa (clone)Tips, Lloyds Custom Floor Mats, SLP Lid, Pro 5.0 W/ Lou's SS, 7.5" Eaton Locker w/3.73, KYB AGX, BMR LCA's, FRA, SSE, 5% Tint, 18x9 C5 Rims w/Falken 452

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Mine does that, but only when it gets cold.

ble
    02 WS6 Firebird

i have seen this before. go out and lay down and look under the back of the car and have someone push up and down on it. i will bet you a dollar it is the bushing inside your roll bar mounts. they get old and start to creak whenever the roll bar moves (like when you hit a bump or go around a turn).

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cerneY View Post
    Recently i have been noticing that whenever i am driving and go over a bump or a curb i hear a creeky or sqeeking in the back left of my car. It sounds like the suspension on the back left wheel is creeking everytime it has to adjust. Is this the suspension or something else? Expensive to repair?
    Being that your location is snowed in most of the time, thereby needing salt during the winter months, the undercarriage may be rusting and some of the mounting brackets might be loosening up due to that rusting. My car was purchased from a guy who lived in Maine and I have the same issues....I hit a bump and it sounds like the rearend is going to fall out from underneath the car. I'll be idleing out of the parking lot on a rock covered lot and the rattles are very annoying. I know exactly what you are talking about. I had a garage look at it while it was in the air getting the exhaust welded and they found one of my shocks loose.

Thread Information