Thread: Please help!!!

black
    2001 formula firebird

Please help!!!

Hi all, I have a 2002 camaro ss, I have ZR1 replica wheels on it. 18's in the rear and 17's on the front the front tire size is 255/40/17, the rear tires are 285/40/18... I want to lower the car but most kits seem to lower the car equal amounts front and rear but considering the wheel and tire sizes I feel the height adjustment should be different front to rear. This is just a weekend cruiser and possibly the occasional drag strip trip. I'm just looking to do lowering springs. Can anyone make any recommendations as to what to do to make my car look right? Thanks all
    Last edited by eatsrice; 04-30-2016 at 05:20 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Fronts are 25.03" tall.

Rears are 26.98" tall.

I am surprised your ABS isn't giving you issues as you're on the verge of or already beyond tire size difference from front to back allowed for it to work properly.

Regarding springs, how much fender gap do you have? Do you have any photos of said car so we can get a better idea?
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

black
    2001 formula firebird

My ABS actually is giving me issue! I didn't know why but as soon as I got it back from the body shop I was planning on having it looked at to figure out why. So what can I do to fix that? I think it would look weird putting a lower profile tire on the 18" wheels?!? And also I will post pics as soon as I can. The car is getting the hood scoop and Berger panel painted right now. I'm gonna dig through my phone and see if I can find an older pic in the mean time. Thanks

black
    2001 formula firebird

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/...syqdvajyj.jpeg

Sorry I haven't used photo bucket in a long time so hope this works. Also the car is filthy as I drove it to work that particular day and went through construction zone. Please forgive me haha

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You might be able to attain the look you want by swapping the rear rubber isolators for heater hose and installing lowering springs only in the front.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Agree with Jeff. Since the rears are already 2" taller, they fill up the fender well gap more than the front.

Regarding your ABS - you fix it by putting the same height tire on front to back .....you're only allowed something like 1" difference in height.

black
    2001 formula firebird

Thanks guys. I'll post pics after I get this all said and done! As for the tires that's gonna have to wait as I just spent 600 dollars on new rear tires like 3 weeks ago :/

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I will soon be replacing tires on 3 of our cars... ugh. I tried to grab tires for the Monte at Carlisle, but the price wasn't all that great and they were 3 years old.

Thread Information