Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

New Brakes/Rotors/Caliper

I just got chrome 18 z06 wheels, and when I test fitted them I went from happy to holy shit do I really want people to see these old rusty brakes? I contemplated painting them, but putting new ones on already painted would be easier. Anyone got any good advices on a good setup? Should I go bigger because of the bigger wheel?

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Same Question...

im planning on gettin new rims here in a few weeks prolly Zo6's but still cant decide and was wonder on the brake setup as well cause mine are shit and need replaced regardless if i wasnt gettin rims...so help would be greatly appreciated
    2006 IBM GTO A4
    20% sides/rear 35% Windshield,SAP Repos,Ruff 278s Staggered 18s,LT's,Catless mids,Spintech Mufflers/X pipe,Torquer v.2,Vig3200 Stall,HPTuned,AEM CAI,SLP Thermostat,IAT relocate,BMR Drag bags, P4000DVD HU.

2000 TA WS6 NBM A4 Full Bolt-Ons-Gone

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Get you a few bottles of Meguiars chrome wheel cleaner. Spray them on your dirty, old calipers and brackets within a few minutes. Their true color of aluminum will show and you can choose to either paint them or polish it (caliper).

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Paint dont polish!! Polishing is tough to maintain. Also, if your finances are good, definitely step up to bigger rotors and calipers to compliment your wheels... can go wrong with big honkin binders to show off!!! If moneys tight, detail your calipers and throw on some new rotors for some sparkle and performance. I went with Cequence rotors on mine and they look tight!!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Get soem drilled and slotted rotors and better pads, i have those ony my car front and back and me and my friend were playing around he has a 06evo with the brembo brake kit. From 60mph i stopped about 1-2cars before him. I noticed a huge difference in performance.

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

I didnt go with drilled rotors because they start to develope small cracks around them when use fairly because of the temp. inversion. I went with the dimpled drilled and slotted! I freaked when just after putting 15 miles on the new rotors, my chrome wheels were covered with brake dust quickly. I made the 110.00 dollar mistake and purchased semi-metallic pads where I should have ordered ceramic ones instead. So much cleaner and better.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol believe me i use mine hard sometimes and they are still in perfect condition.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Link me up to some bigger rotors, I can;t find any anywhere. I look, and find drilled slotted etc. but it does not say bigger than stock anywhere.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Lol believe me i use mine hard sometimes and they are still in perfect condition.
    maybe just not hard enough and often enough lol

for bigger brakes, best performance and look for the budget would be to get a vette brake upgrade... will give you an extra 1" of rotor, Corvette calipers and cheap replacement parts (rotors + pads)
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Who sells the kit =) I spent 2300 on wheels+tires already, whats another couple thousand.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

trackbird (mod in ls1tech, admin in frrax).
    His name is Kevin... a really nice person.

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Go with Bear Brakes! They have what you need!! Yeah, went to power tour last year and visited Bear Brakes and the tech told me that that under heavy constant use (racing...solo 1&11) customers were trying to claim that as a defect, but in fact, are stated in brouchers WITH the product as a disclaimer!! Some rotors will develop small cracks around vent holes and will eventually need replacement! Kind of sucks to buy them, then to find this cop-out!! Sometimes I think, all these companies do is to push their products on us to purchase with all their glamour, then stick it to us by claiming, "Well, didnt you read your warranty broucher, they dont guarantee nothing when racing and other heavy uses!"...call your vendor and ask about this!! You will be surprised on his answer. If you plan on buying a new package, he runs from the issue to sell it. If you purchased the package already, he will be quick to tell you... "SORRY"!

Thread Information