Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Lowering springs

I am looking at buying springs to lower my Trans am approximately 1.25" the biys here are just doing springs and leaving the stock shocks One guy has this set up for the last 6 years on his car and says the only thing he did is an alignement Is this a good way to do it?????

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    I am looking at buying springs to lower my Trans am approximately 1.25" the biys here are just doing springs and leaving the stock shocks One guy has this set up for the last 6 years on his car and says the only thing he did is an alignement Is this a good way to do it?????
    if you are going to do springs you are going to want to do struts as well. by lowering your car youre changing the geometry of your car and other suspension mods will need to be done. this thread should help. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...dj+panhard+bar

Black

Thanks

I aprreciate it so what did you ennd up doing... Man it seems we need a boat load of parts to go 1.25" lower ishhh maybe I can live with my awd looking TA for a while lol

What did the whole thing cost you and what did you end up buying I'm exactly like you no auto x or drag I'll try the track but once or twice in a year.....It's mostly driving a little hard but nothing crazy

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I aprreciate it so what did you ennd up doing... Man it seems we need a boat load of parts to go 1.25" lower ishhh maybe I can live with my awd looking TA for a while lol

What did the whole thing cost you and what did you end up buying I'm exactly like you no auto x or drag I'll try the track but once or twice in a year.....It's mostly driving a little hard but nothing crazy
    i went with strano springs, car had ungraded bilstein shocks on it, and adj. panhard bar. I'd don't drive the car enough to worry about the other things.

Black

To start

So from what I underdstand for now I could go with springs and adj panhard bar and that would work then maybe shocks and sfc and lca etc

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

So from what I underdstand for now I could go with springs and adj panhard bar and that would work then maybe shocks and sfc and lca etc
    yea i just went with the stuff that is an absolute must for right now and will tackle things one at a time.

Thread Information