Thread: Lots of Mods

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Lots of Mods

Just bought vogtland lowering springs, bilstein shoks, lca relocation brackets, front and rear sway bars, adj. panhard bar and a strut tower brace. Can't wait till they come in im hoping it will feel like a whole new car once i get everything on

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Congrats. Aftermarket parts......they're addicting, aren't they? I got everything you mentioned already installed except the lca relocation brackets. Installing those this weekend. Good luck.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Awesome, congrats. Do you have LCA's also? I see you just mentioned the relocation brackets.

black
    1999 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by rockojugs View Post
    Congrats. Aftermarket parts......they're addicting, aren't they? I got everything you mentioned already installed except the lca relocation brackets. Installing those this weekend. Good luck.
    installing them is a pain in the ass. sawing the bracket off is harder than it sounds. I attempted to saw it off with a circle grinder but there wasn't enough space. I ended up jacking the car waaaay up and using a sawsall

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Yes its addicting and no i didnt buy lca's. mark any tips you have on making the lca install easier would be appreciated i didnt think that they would be much to install. Will it be easier since i will be using a drive on lift?

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by rockojugs View Post
    did you align the car and put the car back on center yourself or did you take it somewhere?

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I had it aligned at a shop. BTW, did you purchase the "weld-in" or "bolt-in" lca relocation brackets? I'm installing the "weld-in" type, but I've got the rearend out of the car. I had a fuel tank issue so I had to remove rearend anyway. Although removing the rearend was rather easy. From what I've been told, welding the lca relocation brackets in with rearend out of car is really easy. Just do some minor measuring to ensure both are equal distance to the ground and you're all set. Don't know about the "bolt-in" type as I haven't messed with them. Let me know how things go.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    installing them is a pain in the ass. sawing the bracket off is harder than it sounds. I attempted to saw it off with a circle grinder but there wasn't enough space. I ended up jacking the car waaaay up and using a sawsall
    What bracket did you have to saw off? I'm installing mine (weld-in type) this weekend. I've got a Moser 12 Bolt with brackets already welded on axle. I've got the rearend out of the car. With mine, the aftermarket "weld-in" lca relocation brackets simply go over the existing brackets and you simply weld them in. I've never messed with the "bolt-in" type so I'm not sure how simple they are to install. Let me know so I know how much beer to have on hand. Not looking for installation issues, but I have any the beer will help me remain mellow.

Silver
    2002 Camaro Z28

Sounds like you'll be busy for a while. Your car is going to be a completely different car. I'd be excited too.

If you find that the back end is wanting to come out to easy on turns, try taking off the strut tower brace. Never have like them. The front is pretty set with a 32mm or larger swaybar. Its the rear that needs more control.

You don't "have" to align it but is always best. You'll have a little more negative camber than what you had. It will make the car hunt for ruts on the road but it will also make the steering more responsive.
    Last edited by mcnoskyimages; 07-03-2010 at 08:07 AM.

black
    1999 camaro SS

i don't know if you have to do any cutting with the weld on brackets but you do with the bolt ons. installing the LCA's is easy and after you cut the bracket on the axle, the relo bracket is easy too.

Thread Information