Black
    2002 Trans Am

LCA Relocation Brackets

I've lowered my T/A approximately 2 inches. So if I install adjustable LCA on Moser 12 Bolt RE, do I need to install relocation brackets? I've heard where if you lower the vehicle YOU MUST use the relocation brackets. Makes sense if you're using non-adjusting LCA, but not if you're going to replace with adjustable LCA.

Hello,

The relocation brackets are not a must when lowering and the vehicle will operate just fine with out them. What the brackets do is change the control arm angle and correct it once the vehicle is lowered. Usually when a car is lowered you will experience a loss of traction and more tire spin since the angle of the control arm has now change which changes the vehicles instant center. The brackets will help eliminate this since they correct the control arm angle and help to gain back much needed traction after lowering. Adjustable control arms will only allow you to move the rear end back or forward, the brackets will actually change control arm angle.

Hope that helps!
    Ryan

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Thanks, Ryan. Still getting educated on all this stuff. To my embarrassment, I didn't know that much about your company. Thanks to your link, I do now. Based on your response and my "no welding experience" woes, would you even suggest I pursue relocation brackets? My car has a supercharged LS7 engine putting down 700 plus HP & TQ to rear wheels. I don't take it to the track. It's just a fun daily driver.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

They wouldn't be that expensive to get welded on if you have a nearby shop you trust.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Use the lowest hole when you get them installed too...

Quote Originally Posted by rockojugs View Post
    Thanks, Ryan. Still getting educated on all this stuff. To my embarrassment, I didn't know that much about your company. Thanks to your link, I do now. Based on your response and my "no welding experience" woes, would you even suggest I pursue relocation brackets? My car has a supercharged LS7 engine putting down 700 plus HP & TQ to rear wheels. I don't take it to the track. It's just a fun daily driver.
    With that type of power it would always be safe to get them welded. What a lot of customers do is purchase the bolt in brackets and have them welded later at a local shop. On the street the bolt in's would be fine, just welding is that extra security.

I do recommend them, I think you would see a great deal of traction improvement from them. It is amazing how much a small item can do. I posted links to both our bolt in and weld on set up. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Weld in- www.umiperformance.com/2010

Bolt in- www.umiperformance.com/2012

Thank you!
    Ryan

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Thanks again, Ryan. I plan to order a set from you folks. BTW, and please forgive my ignorance, but I have a Moser 12 Bolt currently installed and was wondering why the "bolt-in" ones won't work?

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Thanks everyone for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by rockojugs View Post
    Thanks again, Ryan. I plan to order a set from you folks. BTW, and please forgive my ignorance, but I have a Moser 12 Bolt currently installed and was wondering why the "bolt-in" ones won't work?
    Moser builds there rear ends with wider control arm mounts than factory and there shock mounts are moved slightly. This is why the bolt on brackets won't work and why we have to make weld in brackets just for the Moser rear ends. I missed you had a Moser rear, sorry for posting the bolt on brackets.

Hope that helps!
    Ryan

Thread Information