Thread: LCA help!

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

LCA help!

Hey guys I was shoppig for lower control arms, but i am quite baffled about the adjustable or double adjustable, whats the diffrence between them and the non adjustable types? also Im looking at that LCA PHB deal at sam strano's stie.

any tips info would be fine, thans.

navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am

single adjustable you have to take off the car to adjust. double adjustable can be adjusted on the car. non-adjustable is easy.

from what i have read any of the rod ended LCA's are extremely noisy and annoying. the benefit to them is that they allow for adjustment and flexing of the rear end that the non adjustable type with polyurethane bushings does not allow for. i have non adjustables on my car and i am very happy with them. they firmed up the ride a bit and almost completely eliminated wheel hop. plus they're nice and quiet. all depends what you wanna do with the car.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

adjustability, is just like creeper said.
    As for the rest... polyurethane will suck for cornering, since it will bind... that is for drag application.
    Rod-ends are the best, but if you go with shitty quality rod-ends, those are noisy... good quality ones are $ but worth every penny, imho.

on a different note, I'd only consider getting these items if the rest of the suspension is already setup (springs, shocks, swaybars)
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

I have the springs, just need shocks and LCA's then Ill install them, thanks. looks like Im going with rod ended like Eugenio said, are UMI a good choice?

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    I have the springs, just need shocks and LCA's then Ill install them, thanks. looks like Im going with rod ended like Eugenio said, are UMI a good choice?
    I have a set of single adjustable UMI on my car and once they were set up properly I don't even notice any extra road noise. Granted I have true duals so that covers up most sounds, but there was a noticable difference in how the car feels. Just make sure when you install adjustable LCAs that you have the adjustment nut tight enough so that it won't work loose.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

i'm gonna order them next week. what does the PHB is good for?

White
    2001 Z28

The PHB is what locates the body and axle relative to each other. If you have lowering springs then you should have an adjustable PHB. In fact, you don't need to change LCA's due to lowering, but should do the PHB. You can also do both--since it seems you were looking at one of the packages I have.

This is the only that I usually recommend as it takes care of both the adjustable PHB and gets you the LCA's that don't bind, and saves you a few bucks: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7 And if you like you can upgrade to an "on the car" adjustable PHB for $30 (you just have to tell me when you place the order either online of by phone.
    Sam Strano
    SCCA National Champion (x6)
    SCCA ProSolo Class Champion (x5)
    2009 SCCA ProSolo Overall Champion
    Owner--Strano Performance Parts
    814-849-3450

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Strano View Post
    The PHB is what locates the body and axle relative to each other. If you have lowering springs then you should have an adjustable PHB. In fact, you don't need to change LCA's due to lowering, but should do the PHB. You can also do both--since it seems you were looking at one of the packages I have.

This is the only that I usually recommend as it takes care of both the adjustable PHB and gets you the LCA's that don't bind, and saves you a few bucks: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7 And if you like you can upgrade to an "on the car" adjustable PHB for $30 (you just have to tell me when you place the order either online of by phone.
    thanks sam, Ill order them when ever i load my piggy bank probably by next week's paycheck lol I cant do it this week because I just dumped a grand on 6 new tires.

Thread Information