Lakewood Suspension

I going to be buying a adjustible panhard bar, rear control arms and most likely a torque arm. I am able to get Lakewood parts relatively reasonably through work. What experience has everyone had with them? How do they compare to UMI?

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I use UMI but I have never heard anything bad about Lakewood, they are a quality company which has been around for decades. If you get a good deal on your parts I don't think you'll notice any difference over the UMI parts.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    I use UMI but I have never heard anything bad about Lakewood, they are a quality company which has been around for decades. If you get a good deal on your parts I don't think you'll notice any difference over the UMI parts.
    Yeah, well I guess I'll find out haha

blue
    2002 Trans Am

I ran Lakewood drag shocks and struts on my 04 mach 1 and the shocks both went out in a very short period of time, I will never use them again.

ASh

Quote Originally Posted by ASh302 View Post
    I ran Lakewood drag shocks and struts on my 04 mach 1 and the shocks both went out in a very short period of time, I will never use them again.

ASh
    Thanks for the Imput, but I'm not interested in Lakewood shocks. Have you used another stuff from them?

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by bmanZ28 View Post
    Thanks for the Imput, but I'm not interested in Lakewood shocks. Have you used another stuff from them?
    I also had problems with them on their warranty, they did not honor it and customer service is a big one for me.
    So no I have not and refuse to use anything of theirs.
    1. Because of the experience with their item
    2. customer service was very bad
    I realize that many people have probably had great luck with them, but they will not be getting any of my business

I'm just letting you know my personal experience with them and that is all

ASh

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I will say that UMI offers a 2-year warranty which speaks volumes to the quality and craftsmanship of their products. Lakewood, according to their site, offers only a 90-day warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I will say that UMI offers a 2-year warranty which speaks volumes to the quality and craftsmanship of their products. Lakewood, according to their site, offers only a 90-day warranty.
    Thanks for the mention Jon!

Regarding our warranty, I'll bet we get literally one warranty return per quarter and that is usually shipping damage, incorrect part order, etc. If we do get a rare broken part we lose sleep over it...
    Ramey Womer
    Product Development Engineer
    ramey@umiperformance.com
    Join us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by UMI Sales View Post
    Thanks for the mention Jon!

Regarding our warranty, I'll bet we get literally one warranty return per quarter and that is usually shipping damage, incorrect part order, etc. If we do get a rare broken part we lose sleep over it...
    I think I'll be going with your products haha

98 Formula
    06 duramax

What about when you wait over 3 weeks for parts and bitch about it on a small local board and have UMI and byunspeed sign up to the board to attack you for complaining about it? Lose sleep over that? Happened to me 10 years ago and is the reason I have mixture of UMI and BMR parts on my car and will never have another UMI part on any car I own.

Thread Information