black
    2000 ws6

just installed lowering kit, need to adjust pinion angle?

So i just installed my hotchkis springs with revalved bilteins and the car looks like its pissed, handles like its pissed and did i say looks like its pissed? anyways yea i love the look and the performance i gained.

But my question is do i have to adjust the pinion angle of the rear to avoid wearing parts? Or will the torque arm keep the same pinion angle throughout suspension travel?

thanks!

White
    1998 Trans Am

You want to keep the pinion angle around -1 to -3 degrees. Hopefully you already have the adjustable torque arm. When you jack, or lift the car, set the rear on jack stands or tires on ramps to put the weight on the rear !!! Good Luck !!!

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Do not forget an alignment as well!

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

pinion angle will change because you repositioned the rear higher up into the body of the car. will it cause any increased wear on the u-joints? unlikely. will it cause a vibration that you can't seem to get rid of? maybe.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

i would look into an adj panhard to center my rear

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #2364

I just installed Strano springs with koni adjustables and a Umi panhard bar. The car had a slight vibration at 60 mph before, seems to have went away after lowering the car. I didnt change the pinoin angle.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

hey how do u like that setup?? thats exactly what i decided to go with..sams springs/konis..ordering them in a few days..im on a completely z28 stock suspension now.....how thrilled will i be with this setup??? prolly gonna do his sway bars as well at the same time

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #2364

When I bought the car it felt unstable on the highway and finicky in the curves. Now the car drives excellent everywhere. The setup lowered the car about 1 1/4 inches all the way around. Looks better and drives excellent! Highly recommended setup. The car seems to ride a little bit better, but when you hit a uneven place ( like where a road meets a bridge ) in the road it does have a sharp thud to it. ( It did this somewhat before the changeover too ) I didnt do the bars yet, I was going do drive it awhile to see if it needs them. You will like the setup alot.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

sounds sweet..yes i feel the same way about mine stock...the car has soo much power ( 400rwhp/400rwtq) that the stock suspension dosnt even come close to keeping up ..and anywhere above 100 or so like u were saying it feels scarier than it should..do u have SFCs as well???? im also gonna do them at the same time and an adj panhard rod.......did u put them in yourself or have them installed somwhere? i can prolly handle the sways/phr but the springs and shocks are def to much for me and i dont have a welder for the sfcs......how much was it if u had somone else do it?

Thread Information