Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SOM
    2002 SS

just Installed Eibach Sportlines + KYBs !!!!!!

So I just had it done... Long story short My brother bought a 97 ss loaded to the double ds back when and we installed the sportlines. The car looked sinister and we even drove to Vancouver in it and back without ANY issue. We loved the ride.

SO i picked up a stock 01 6 speed and I just installed kybs and sportlines. i F*N LOVE the car now !!!!!! Shes so flat, no nose dive, Little roll and OH so smoooth on the highway !!!!!! I've never tried any of the other popular combos I read about on here but all I can say is the car looks SICK and drives SICK !!! I am one happy owner !!

Before/after pics to come tomorrow. I'm getting yelled at by the wife for coming home so late so I'll do it tomorrow with lots of pics !

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

how much did this set up set u back? would like to see pics

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I had the same set up and although most will tell you its a bad set up, i loved the way the car handled. I just hated the dips and bumps in corners, i would scrap and bang the bottom of the car and killed my confidence taking corners fast. Either way, that set up wakes your car up and makes a huge difference.

SOM
    2002 SS

I probably should have posted pics here i forgot but heres the other thread i started. she runs liek a dream took a highway sweeper at 140 mph last night and she was rock solid !

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114195

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I give those Keeps You Bouncing shocks 6K miles before they are shot.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

SOM
    2002 SS

2500 miles and still smooth as silk. I love the ride reminds me exactly of my brothers ss except his seemed lower. maybe because the ls is lighter it wont lower as much in the front?

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    2500 miles and still smooth as silk. I love the ride reminds me exactly of my brothers ss except his seemed lower. maybe because the ls is lighter it wont lower as much in the front?
    10k and a year and my KYBs are doing fine...then again I don't DD it.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I had sportline springs and KYB adj. on my 93 Z for 4 1/2 years and never had a issue. Never bounced, recovered quickly from dips and bumps and cornered flat. It saved me i think in a couple of bad situations going into a corner way too fast, even though i lost control in the corner the cars suspension recovered so quickly and remained flat meaning it didnt transfer too much weight from one side to the other i was able to correct and continue going, even my friend in his spec V with modded up suspension meaning koni shocks, springs and so on was shocked i was able to regain control. Only thing i didnt like was it was too low with the sportlines, wish i had pro kits and LCA's with relocations brackets.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I will say this....
    The KYB's are better than the stock shit that comes on the car. But they aren't that great at handling the spring rates of the Eibach lowering springs for our cars.

ANYTHING is better than those DeCarbon piles....

Electric Blue Pearlcoat
    1995 Trans Am(LS1 Convert

I had sportlines...shitty ride and too low for my streets...every bump felt like you were riding on just rims...way to stiff...you can just feel it "hurting" the car...Took em off and went with the Pro-Kit...100X better now...If you want handling and quality of ride...pro-kit, hotchkis, ot Strano...if you want looks...then yea the sportline is going to about as low as u can go...I tore up my undercarriage alot to with those damn sportlines...poor girl...I fixed that though...Sportlines are a bad idea, but if you live in a flat smooth area...you should be alright.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

yea spoartlines looked too low fo me so i went for the prokit and i love the stance!! but now i dont know what shocks to buy!!! thers good reviews and bad reviews all over the place

Electric Blue Pearlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    yea spoartlines looked too low fo me so i went for the prokit and i love the stance!! but now i dont know what shocks to buy!!! thers good reviews and bad reviews all over the place
    Just listen to Sam...and has done the R&D for us all...the man knows his stuff.

SOM
    2002 SS

Well so far I'm still loving the looks and the ride is more than good enough for me. I had kybs long ago on my vette when I bought it and they were the first replacement shocks I put on. When I switched to Bilsteins I almost cried that I wasted a summer on kybs. Now I wish I had opted for Bilsteins and I may do so in the near future but the ride is still good enough to make me happy. On really rough roads I just wish it was even stiffer. I dont mind a stiff ride I just hate feeling the car dip and worrying about wether or not its going to hit the bump stops. I still have to cut them down.

Handling wise I have started to push on ramps. I just got the car not long ago and am getting a feel for it. she rolls a bit too much and a front bar will be done by the end of the summer for sure. There's a bit of lean but you can feel the car squat slightly and hold in turns at speed and It's made me pretty confident so far.

Looks wise I couldn't have asked for a better drop. If there's any spring that was higher that offered a magical perfect ride i wouldnt take it.

Black
    1999 Trans am

Put the same kit on my 99 TA. Handels like my Vette. Added drilled and slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Will put you through the windshield. Great setup. With some sticky tires you can push it harder than your confortable with. It will stick.

Black
    99 SS

well im also about to install the same shock/spring set up on mine so we will see if im changing mine out soon.

2000 Trans Am

I have the heater hose mod done to the rear of my car, how will this affect my car when i go to put springs and shocks on all four corners? Will I have to put the spacers that I took out back in?

Electric Blue Pearlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    I have the heater hose mod done to the rear of my car, how will this affect my car when i go to put springs and shocks on all four corners? Will I have to put the spacers that I took out back in?
    Heater Hose mod? Please explain...

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityTA View Post
    Heater Hose mod? Please explain...
    There are two huge pads above the rear springs, you remove those and wrap heater hose around the top of the springs and reinstall them. it lowers the rear end about an inch or so........great FREE mod......
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Electric Blue Pearlcoat

ahhh...I see...Well if you going with aftermarket springs...it will lower it even more! I would definetly consider putting the spacer back in, but if you go with just shocks you'd be cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information