98 Camaro Z28

Jeg's Torque Arm

I have been looking at the Jeg's Torque Arm. My car is primarily going to be a track car with occasional Saturday night street use. I was looking at the Jeg's kit because of it being shorter then stock which will help plant the tires. I was looking at the pictures and it looks like the saddle mounts to the top tunnel and the pivot points down which is opposite from some of the other tunnel mount TA I've been looking at. The Jeg's kit looks like it would free up space for true dual or even larger ehaust tube diam. Has anyone used it or know of anyone using it?

Silver
    04 Pontiac GTO

I had one on my 82 blown berlinetta. It worked great and is still working great almost 11 years later. It was a bit of a pita to install but it was worth it. I have pulled the wheels about three inches off the ground several times with out a problem. Only thing is to keep the slide joint greased with good grease.
    Ashes to ashes and dust to dust, if it wasn't for fords our tools would rust

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

As long as it's adjustable for pinion angle and it mounts off of the back of the tranny (body mount) it'll be superior to the stocker...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Silver
    04 Pontiac GTO

I cant remember if its adjustable or not but its about a foot or so short of the trans. It has a plate that goes up in the trans tunnel and bolts through the floor. < that was the hard part bolting it through the floor.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I cant remember if its adjustable or not but its about a foot or so short of the trans. It has a plate that goes up in the trans tunnel and bolts through the floor. < that was the hard part bolting it through the floor.
    I needed to have an adjustable TA as my car wheel hopped badly after the stall converter. You could feel the shudder in the drivers seat. Not good on the rear end. Right now it's set at a tad over -2 degrees and hooks great. AAMOF, it hooks so good (dead hook out of the hole - no wheel spin with the MT's after heating them up - get's me 1.7x 60's - I know there is a 1.6x in there somewhere) that I burned up the pinion bearing on the last set of gears.

"Like the sign says, 'Speed costs money. How fast can you go?'"

Bonus points if you know the origin of that quote...
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 09-20-2010 at 08:19 PM.

I think you can get the Jeg's arm adjustable or non-adjustable so defiantly make sure you go with an adjustable items.

They seem to work well, the downfall is the installation like mentioned above. It requires 12-15 holes (can't remember exactly) to be drilled in the floor and installed from inside the car.

Thread Information