Midnight Blue
    2001 WS7 trans am

Help! i need somebody, Not just anybody..

thought id catch your eye with that beatles song.. but really.. i want to get 18s on my car. and i was just curious about dropping it.. how far should i go? id like to have little wheel well, with no rubbing, and how much will it cost?. i am in iraq so i am going to have my gf take it in.. thanks.. please respond.. Ryan Olson

Drive it like ya stole it sills1's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Just have your girl friend put some Koni Single Adjustable shocks on the car. Use the lower spring perch on the fronts and remove the isolator in the back and do the heater hose mod. Better yet, have her call Sam Strano at Stranoparts.com He will hook you up.

Red
    1995 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by sills1 View Post
    Just have your girl friend put some Koni Single Adjustable shocks on the car. Use the lower spring perch on the fronts and remove the isolator in the back and do the heater hose mod. Better yet, have her call Sam Strano at Stranoparts.com He will hook you up.
    That's all we have to do? I take it we use out stock springs? How much of a drop will this get us? I have a 1995 Trans am Convertible with 18" wheels and would like to get the drop as well and wasn't sure on the springs? Thanks

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

What's the heater hose mod?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by rbrack View Post
    What's the heater hose mod?
    remove the rear isolator from the top of the spring and replace with 5/8" diameter heater hose. this will drop the rear about 1".
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

and if getting Koni SA for the front, the shock has 2 perch locations for the spring to sit on... 1 is stock height, the other one is close to a 1" drop.
    the hose-mod takes care of the drop in the back... you get great shock, great handling, car remains confortable... you can always get a front swaybar for even better handling, if that's what you are looking for.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Thread Information