Black
    SLP Camaro SS

Eibach Pro-Kit vs. Sportline

I cant make my mind up. Will the sportline be to low or just right? Anyone got any pics of their car lowered?

Prokit - 1.2" Drop

Sportline - Front 1.6" Rear 1.4"

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Sportlines I think are too low. I run the Prokit.

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

cool! i was gonna ask the same question, thanks.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

You'd be MUCH better off with the Prokit, the Sportlines sit about .5 inches lower AND they are softer than the Prokit springs, so bottoming-out your car will be a given if you purchase the Sportlines.

It'll look REAL GOOD though, all slammed & shiaat, and, you'll bottom out OFTEN.

Prokits are installed on cars in my signature link...
    Vance Chula
    1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
    2010 Camaro 2LT RS
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/vchula

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

as stated above, the sportlines are too low.
    On top of that, their spring rate (sportline) is lower than the prokits.
    Having very limited suspension travel and a soft spring is not the greatest idea... giving you 2 choices:
    bottoming out constantly if damped properly
    overdamp the spring, not letting it do its job

both choices suck.
    been there, done that, changed them within 3 months for prokits.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

03 Terminator

my camaro has sportline and i do not think that it sits too low. its just a matter or personal preference. yes, you do have to slow down quiet a bit on dips but isnt that expected when lowering a car? and dont try angle driveways/entryways, front end hits and every once in a while, so does the y-pipe, but its not stock so maybe thats why?

Black
    SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Power06
    my camaro has sportline and i do not think that it sits too low. its just a matter or personal preference. yes, you do have to slow down quiet a bit on dips but isnt that expected when lowering a car? and dont try angle driveways/entryways, front end hits and every once in a while, so does the y-pipe, but its not stock so maybe thats why?
    Do you have a pic?

Black
    2004 Z06

Given the general consensus that most will opt for the pro-kit:

a) How is the pro-kit ride and how is the pro-kit ride over the stock suspension?
    b) What is the absolute best shock to use with the pro-kit? I'm thinking adjustable AGX as I both cruise and race.
    c) Are there any other better springs?
    d) I have a brand new complete B4C suspension stll in the box from GMMG.
    I put them on the rears of a 2001 SS and what a damn difference it made.
    I took them back off and put them back in the box to save in case I ever want to put them back on another project. Voice your opinion on the B4C.
    e) Finally what is the ultimate setup period?

Thanks! Eddie

edit: a-b-c-d-e
    Last edited by Eugenio_SS; 08-11-2005 at 06:40 PM.

triple-black

Quote Originally Posted by eddierox
    Given the general consensus that most will opt for the pro-kit:

a) How is the pro-kit ride and how is the pro-kit ride over the stock suspension?
    they are roughly 25% stiffer springs... but the front ones are linear, which will make them very predictable and much easier to dampen...
    I would really consider getting shocks
    b) What is the absolute best shock to use with the pro-kit? I'm thinking adjustable AGX as I both cruise and race.?
    The best shock would be to get Koni DA ($), then Koni SA, then Bilstein revalved.
    c) Are there any other better springs??
    what are your needs ? what kind of driving will you be doing ?
    you need to select springs based on spring rates that will suit your needs.
    d) I have a brand new complete B4C suspension stll in the box from GMMG.
    I put them on the rears of a 2001 SS and what a damn difference it made.
    I took them back off and put them back in the box to save in case I ever want to put them back on another project. Voice your opinion on the B4C.?
    Not sure... I think the b4c have the same springs/shocks as 1le... not sure though.
    e) Finally what is the ultimate setup period??
    really depends on application... but something like coil-overs where you chose your spring rates and ride-height, and then double-adjustable shocks like Koni DAs.

Thanks! Eddie
    hope this helps.

chads00ss
    I have the sport kit and I like the aggressive stance it gives my car. If I were to do it all over i would probably opt for some thing alittle higher. My car scrapes the y-pipe. But it also is aftermarket and hangs about 2inches above the ground. As far as spring travel, im currently using my stock shocks and if u hit a good bump it will definitely bounce around quite a bit. Overall if u plan to do anymods to ur car, the sportline will make it a pain in the ass. Getting the jack under my car is a project all in itself.

This pic is kinda old. My car doesn't have the headers or aftermarket y-pipe on it yet.

Last edited by chads00ss; 08-11-2005 at 08:50 PM.

Black
    2004 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
    The best shock would be to get Koni DA ($), then Koni SA, then Bilstein revalved.

what are your needs ? what kind of driving will you be doing ?
    you need to select springs based on spring rates that will suit your needs.

really depends on application... but something like coil-overs where you chose your spring rates and ride-height, and then double-adjustable shocks like Koni DAs.

hope this helps.
    Yes very nice. Thanks!
    Well I want the plushness of a cadillac most of the time, then with a switch of a button, I'd like an immediate adjustment to hard high G, high bank, full race cornering ability. Yes this is what I need.

How does one revalve a Bilstein?
    Opinions please on the aftermarket tubular upper/lower front control arms and K member if available for LS1.

triple-black

Re: Eibach Pro-Kit vs. Sportline

posted a long post and went nowhere.... see if I can remember all I wrote.

First of all, it's amazing to see how many people confuse adjustability of shocks and making the ride stiffer.
    Stiffness is defined by spring rates.
    the higher the spring rate, the stiffer it gets.
    In very simplistic matter, shocks dampen the spring so that it keeps them in control.
    swaybars will only act when cornering, adding spring rate to the overall equation (acting as springs)

adjustable shocks will allow you to go from underdamped to properly-damped to overdamped settings. Each of these 3 have their window and room for personal preferences... but you have to remain in the properly damped region.
    underdamped, you're floating (no good)
    overdamped, you're too restrictive, not allowing spring to do its job (no good)

Having said that and reading what you said, I think the approach you would like is some fairly soft springs that will allow you to keep a confortable ride, well dampen for performance and handling (it's possible to increase both dramatically) and get big front swaybar that will allow you to get good cornering (as if you had stiff springs) without hinder your confort when normal driving.

So the question that comes to mind it:
    What's your budget on the springs/shocks/swaybars ?
    these need to be addressed since they go hand in hand.

I have a few setups in mind, but depends on budget mainly and if I was able to understand you well.

I've got the intrax 2" drop springs (they came on the car when I bought it). I'm not real fond of them (they're really stiff) but they look badass (to me.) I'm half tempted to buy the prokit, but am still debating.

triple-black

the drop is just what comes with the spring... what is important is the spring rate... that will define its behaviour. the drop is important so that you have enough suspension travel for the given spring rate... everything else related to the drop is for esthetic reasons.
    There are ways of having it esthetic while having the properties we want it to have (handling/confort wise)

Pushead, are the springs really stiff, or is it just a mismatch of shocks/springs that makes the car drive harshly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
    Pushead, are the springs really stiff, or is it just a mismatch of shocks/springs that makes the car drive harshly ?
    I think it's a combination of the springs and the AGX shocks he had in. I know they're adjustable, I just havn't done it yet. After I finish paying for getting my DD fixed, it's on the list of things to look at and/or replace.

The car doesn't bottom out though, it will scrape the front air dam when going over the large curbs in one of the cities by me though.

14SECV6
    I have the sportlines and they are AWESOME! The car has never looked better. When the car is clean it looks like a show baby. The ride is a little rough, but I still have in the stock crap carbon shocks. You can't expect much out of the stock shocks/struts. I would recommend the sportlines and get a PHR for the rear, because you have bad traction after installing them. I am buying lakewood lca's and a PHR at the same time, so I am going to be zipping off of the line like a slingshot jet on an aircraft carrier.

SlowNEZLS1
    Quote Originally Posted by x10-wakerider
    I cant make my mind up. Will the sportline be to low or just right? Anyone got any pics of their car lowered?

Prokit - 1.2" Drop

Sportline - Front 1.6" Rear 1.4"
    Here are some pics of mine. I actually raised my car from its old setup by putting on the Prokit. One thing that we have noticed is that even a handful of us in the club have the same kit the height still varies. Mine and another guys sit a little lower than others. I can't even go through an automatic car wash that has the metal guides. Nor can I make it up the driveway without taking some wide angles - and you can see it is not steep.

I lost some clearance because of SFC - but they are also keeping me from banging something else under there.

I have some of the pics posted here http://maccardi.proboards22.com/inde...ead=1124538022

I love them and have a tight handling car, but I can't make it up my drive and have a tendancy to ride the SFC's on speed bumps.

Last edited by SlowNEZLS1; 08-20-2005 at 04:20 AM. Reason: attaching pic

Thread Information