Blue
    2000 SS Camaro

Red face Drag Racing Suspension question.....

Im sorry to have to do this but.....I have a 2000 SS Camaro 6 speed. I also have in my garage a carbuerated 406 and a th400 that was for another project that has been scrapped. I have a ton of cash invested in that drivetrain and have a stocker ls1. I want to put the remaining cash to suspension upgrades and getting the ss ready to go racing. I will not take a huge loss on the 406 because people want stuff for basically free now. I want to put that combo in the SS and sell the current LS1 stuff. The motor is at least 800 hp at the flywheel set up for nitrous and the trans is all ready to go. I dont know anything about the suspension setups in these cars. I plan on putting a new K member in the front for ease of motor swapping and a 10 point cage. I also am going to put a 9 inch in the car with a 10.5 inch tire setup. Should i just use the already existing rear torque arm setup, as i can get a direct bolt in 9 inch housing or just go to a full coil over. I have seen these cars into the 7s on stock type suspension on a ten inch tire. I want to get the car to hook and go straight first and then go from there. This car is just a recreational racer for now. Any input would be appreciated.

black
    1998 trans am

You can get a bolt in 9 inch and run the stock style torque arm. We are having a sale on all UMI suspension parts. Moser makes a great bolt in 9 inch with many option you can get to suit your style of racing.

thanks,
    Mark

KYSpeed.com | FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING | PRICE MATCH | EMAIL

Kook's | American Racing Headers | Vararam | HallTech | Textralia | SPEC | McLeod | Raptor | Trick Flow | AFR | ECS
    | FAST | APS | TTi | Procharger | RPM Transmission | Comp | DMH | HP Tuners | PFADT | SLP | STS

Thread Information