Dodgy Melbourne suspension job.

Hey Guys. im very new on this forums but i thought i'd start by sharing my experience with you guys, so no one else gets their brand new car stuffed over by a DODGY suspension shop i came across in melbourne..

The other week I went to get my brand new car lowered..

and when i called up Strut Fit in Dandenong.. i told him i specifically want king springs ssl all round.

Lance from StrutFit said
    "yes we can put these rear springs on that are lower than SSL and compress them if its not the height you want... and put SSL's in the front which should sit nicely... and if ur not happy with the height then we will try other springs of other brands until your happy with the height.. and thats $440 fitted with a wheel alignment.." i thought that was a GREAT deal so i booked my car in the very next day

When I got there.. I reconfirmed where i wanted the car to sit ... and that i wanted both back and front with king SSL's but if it doesnt sit low enough, i'll get them to compress them.. and the boss re-assured me that ill drive away with the height i want and that ill only be paying the same price of $440 with the springs of my choice.

I was also told it will take about 5 hours to put the springs in so it would be the best of interest to come back when they are ready to show me how low my car is..

But luckily I decided to hang around to watch what they were doing..

After he removed my rear springs, he walked off with them.. and i asked where are you going with my springs and where are my king springs.. and the boss said "to get it low we have to compress YOUR stock springs.. "

and I told him that , THAT WAS NOT AT ALL what i agreed to, YOU were to put SSL's all round and then compress them from there..

and then i got a bunch of F** words in my face and was told thats gonna cost me $200 more to compress a new set of king springs and i dont have time to F*** wits like u .. so ur cars coming off the hoist and cya later..

I kept reminding him what i specifically asked for and he eventually said $440 with a new set of king springs out of the box.. im not compressing them and you will have to drive off with whatever height you get.

***he was going to charge me $440 to compress my stock springs without me knowing as he thought i was not watching

being that i was there by myself, i had driven 45 minutes to get there and waited over 1 hour until they began workin on my car.. i just went with a new set of king springs for the $440 as i was looking forwards to lowering my car on that day anyway

After they put all the springs in my car, which only took about 1 hour ...

I looked at my ride height and knew they were Super super lows at the front... as i have seen how low SSL go with 18" rims..

he told me... "NO! super lows are the ONLY springs they make.. i dont know what your talking about"

finally he started doing the wheel alignment and said your car is already aligned and we dont need to adjust it....

I told HIM that the steering wheel pulls to the left on straight roads so it isnt.. and he said well everythings aligned so your wheel must be buckled or something. and drove my car to the front

So then I asked for my money back, off the wheel alignment and yet another BS** answer "NO I charge $440 to fit king springs on their own and i was literally chucking in a wheel alignment for nothing"

--- - sorry for this long a$$ story but as u would understand Im fairly pissed off having dealt with a dodgy car place and do not wish other car lovers to experience such bad dealing especially if your from melbourne ..

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

what made you go there to begin with? how'd you hear of them? 440 sounds very high for an install of that nature

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    what made you go there to begin with? how'd you hear of them? 440 sounds very high for an install of that nature
    because all places i called up quoted me $450 - $550 in melbourne

and this place conned me into going with them as I could try on a variety of springs until im happy with my height.. then get a wheel alignment all for $440

Thread Information