Thread: can't find lca

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

can't find lca

ok obviously this is a super noob question but I've hit a snag. just yesterday I lowered my car and replaced the shocks/struts but seeing as how I ran out of time I wasn't able to install the lca relocation brackets. So my dad said he'd take it to his shop and have his guys install them for me To my surprise he just called to inform me that they can't find where these brackets are supposed to be bolted in(mind you these ARE the bolt on version of the brackets). help plz?

White
    1998 Trans Am

You unbolt the control arm off the rear, then that's where they install. You will want the arm in the bottom hole when re-installed. Might have to rig the e-brake bracket some.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

got it thanks lol

98 Formula
    06 duramax

it bolts to the rear where the shocks and LCA's mount. The little piece at the bottom wraps around that lower shock mount and the stud on the shock goes through it. You can go to BMR's site and look it up by part number in their install documents section and it'll give step by step install instructions. Might take that down to those guys. Make sure they torque the LCA bolts to proper spec's 80 or 90 ft/lbs.....I think. Been a while. If they don't torque them down enough they'll pop against the body.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    it bolts to the rear where the shocks and LCA's mount. The little piece at the bottom wraps around that lower shock mount and the stud on the shock goes through it. You can go to BMR's site and look it up by part number in their install documents section and it'll give step by step install instructions. Might take that down to those guys. Make sure they torque the LCA bolts to proper spec's 80 or 90 ft/lbs.....I think. Been a while. If they don't torque them down enough they'll pop against the body.
    I'm gonna have to remember that TQ spec. After my last few runs at the track my rear end was "clicking" when I was turning. I figured I hurt the rearend at the track (TruTrac). Hoping this is all it is.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

that sounds like your posi.....the LCA's "pop" against the body when you go over bumps or get on the car real hard. I've read some bad stuff about the tru tracs....not sure how much of it is true but there's a lot of broken tru trac's out there. Is it just a light click or more of a pop?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    that sounds like your posi.....the LCA's "pop" against the body when you go over bumps or get on the car real hard. I've read some bad stuff about the tru tracs....not sure how much of it is true but there's a lot of broken tru trac's out there. Is it just a light click or more of a pop?
    Yea, I'm kinda siding with you... as much as I do not want to. I only got one year of racing out of that Tru Trac. I would describe it as a click really. The fact that it started immediately when I was turning out of the tracks driveway, made me think the Tru Trac was toasted. I have read way more negative then positive in the last year or so about Tru Trac. I got about 60 or so pass's on the rear end.

Really bumming me out, as I already have a motor problem and I had a 12 bolt explode on me also last year also Not looking very good for me getting my car back together this year sadly.

Black
    Y2K Camero SS

BE sure the weigh of car is on the rear while tightening the LCA bolts
    Johnny
    Last edited by SS SLP2; 03-20-2010 at 03:22 AM.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

just got them put on a couple days ago, wow these really do make a difference, even on just daily driving.

Thread Information