Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Camber adjustment

Ive been reading that adjusting the camber angle to a slightly negative degree so the top of the tire tilts inward is supposed to help with handling, I do alot of autocross and have been rubbing on my side walls and was wondering if this would help? If so how do you adjust it, how much should it be adjusted, and will i need a new alignment after.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I would suggest, better suited tires before fooling around with your alignment @ home..
    Just my .02..

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You can buy a mount that has a bubble level to give you your camber/toe. I wouldn't try doing it at home w/o that sort of tool though. I don't know the tool name but if you can't find it an alignment shop is your best choice, make sure you get a before and after some shops are lazy. Yes you do want negative camber for turns I have mine at -1.5 and it has quieted down the tire screeching at there maximum slip.

What size tires you running and where are they rubbing?

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

im running 245's they arent rubbing on the car, when i corner had the side wall rolls under and hits the pavement causing the top edge of the side wall to be very worn

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Well my original post was lost but what I basically said was that I would go to a shop and have them adjust the camber as well as the toe and caster. Also if you DD the car I wouldn't go with a super aggressive road racing alignment otherwise you will probably burn your tires down pretty fast when driving on the street.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by davidz28 View Post
    im running 245's they arent rubbing on the car, when i corner had the side wall rolls under and hits the pavement causing the top edge of the side wall to be very worn
    Ah gotcha. Even with my -1.5 I still get that, granted it is like that on the inside as well.

Thread Information