Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Busted front swaybar-and wheelhop question

Just that, but its not entirely broken. Its cracked and split on BOTH ends where the endlinks go through. Its almost as if the bar was hollow, they took a saw and cut it down the middle end-ways, then pinched it flat and drilled the hole through it for the endlink, however, only the top half of the 'cut' is cracked and loose from the rest of it, the bottom half is still holding.

So what is my best bet, go aftermarket, or look for a used/take-off? Also, if aftermarket, how big? 32mm? 1-1/4"? 35mm? Should the front/rear be paired if going aftermarket? I plan to upgrade my shocks/struts to either Bilstein HD's or KYB Gas-A-Just or AGX shocks, whichever I can afford when I get around to replacing them.

Wheelhop. I know I have one leaky shock in the back (read: no oil inside, all gone, bad shock) that is of stock nature and definitely original. Both rear tires are new and matched. Everything else is stock and original. Changed the gearoil in the rearend with a bottle of the GM limited slip additive recently. Will replacing my worn-out shocks help much, or is the wheelhop just a trait of these cars? A powerbrake will result in a half/half situation, half the time it doesnt, half the time it does. Any cure?

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

If your bar is hollow allot of cars came with the 32mm 1LE bar from GM which was hollow from the factory.

Rear bar is fine for allot of guys at 19mm just get poly bushings and endlinks for the rear.

Most like the 35mm hollow bar from stranoparts.com, I know I do a 35mm is perfect for our cars imo!

Thread Information